Moving onto the board, the first thing you'll notice is of course that square shape that's present from the mATX format. From the looks side of things, though, the design is very similar with the heavy black design and slight pieces of silver throughout it.
Moving in closer, we can see our expansion slots; alongside the legacy PCI slot we've got three PCIe x16 slots. The middle one is hard wired to x8, while the two either side of it will run at x16 if you decide to make use of SLI or CrossFire. I would've probably preferred to see a PCIe x1 slot instead of the PCI slots. It's not a huge deal, though, as you can put a PCIe x1 or x4 card in the x16 slots, but you can't put an older legacy PCI card in any, so if you're using an older expansion card, the legacy PCI slot could be appreciated.
Moving across the bottom of the board, we've got our HD Audio header, 1394 Firewire, Com1, Clear CMOS along with a power and reset button next to our LED debug meter. Finally, we finish off with our front port headers to complete the connectors across the bottom of the board.
Turning the corner, you can see we've got six SATA ports on the left with our four black ones being SATA II and our two grey ones being SATA III. All six ports run off the Intel X79 chip. You can see we've got another SATA port in the top right corner; we'll cover that in the next page when we start to move to the top half of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution