Inside the SilverStone Grandia Series GD06 HTPC Chassis
Removing the three screws from the back of the chassis that hold the top panel in place allows you to slide it back an inch or so and then lift it out of the way. Inside of the chassis you find that some of the framing and the drive racks are blocking the way to get on with the installation.
A screw needs to be removed from both ends of the support rail to remove it from the chassis. The same is true for the optical drive rack, as it is held into the chassis with two screws into the support bar as well as a pair in the side of the bays found on the side of the chassis in the track the top panel rides in.
Removing the hard drive rack assembly was a bit trickier. Once I had the four screws that hold it into place removed; I still couldn't get this out of the chassis. That was until I realized that the latches on the bay cover doors were holding it attached to the front bezel.
Now we can actually see down into the chassis and look at the wiring from the fans and front I/O as well as the places around the floor to tie wiring to as you attempt to tidy things up to be sure everything fits back into the GD06.
The pair of 120mm fans on the right side of the chassis both ship with fan grills in place to keep wiring from getting eaten by the fans. Above the fans you can also see the two oval holes on bumps in the top of the chassis; this is where the optical drive bay screws need removed to get it out of the chassis.
Inside the rear of the chassis the expansion card slot covers are held in with small head screws, and are ventilated well if they stay in place to allow more places for the positive pressure inside the chassis to escape.
The left side of the chassis offers a fan to blow air into the chassis in front of the PSU. While I appreciate the thought to add the fan here, in my installation I blocked most of it with loose wiring. This is why the tie downs are offered on the floor to limit the intrusion on the airflow path through the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media