The SilverStone Grandia Series GD06 HTPC Chassis
The front of the GD06 has a large aluminum door that covers most of the bezel, while the outside is molded plastic to round the corners as it transitions to the sides. Most notably, the lock, the SilverStone name and logo, the "u" shaped light at the bottom surrounding the power button and the arrow at the right showing how to open the door is what stands out here.
Unlocking and lowering the door, you get a bit of a peek behind the scenes. On the left is a pair of doors covering hot swap storage bays for 3.5" HDDs. The right side has an optical bay with a cover installed at the top leaving room for the front I/O below it.
Moving in a little closer, I opened the bays for the hot swap hard drive access. This allows for 3.5" drives of any density to be "plug and play" so you can just click right into media here versus through the network to your home theater.
The front I/O is basic, but still offers USB 3.0 connectivity next to the 3.5mm HD Audio jacks, leaving the reset button on the right by itself.
The right side of the GD06 has two mesh areas backed with a pair of 120mm fans blowing air into the chassis. You can also see that the top of the unit is separate and this will allow access inside in a few more images.
The rear of the chassis offers room for a pair of 80mm fans to be installed above the rear I/O. Moving right, there are four expansion slots with a +1 slot at the top right corner above where the PSU installs.
The left side of the GD06 offers a bit of ventilation near the +1 slot at the top, while the front of the panel offers room for the 120mm fan that is already installed, or you can replace that fan with an 80mm fan of your choice.
Under the chassis the front feet are large round plastic pucks with natural aluminum on the sides and rubber discs on the bottom to keep it from sliding around. The rear and center of the chassis receives rubber bumps for support. Over the mesh area for the PSU, there is a dust filter screwed into place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding's fetus tank babies explained
- Fry's Electronics stores soon to close, seeing same fate as Toys'R'Us?
- Death Stranding has magical pee that changes the in-game world
- Arnold Schwarzenegger would be proud of the new PvPvE Predator game
- Sony buys Insomniac Games in major first-party acquisition
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director