The SilverStone Grandia Series GD06 HTPC Chassis
The front of the GD06 has a large aluminum door that covers most of the bezel, while the outside is molded plastic to round the corners as it transitions to the sides. Most notably, the lock, the SilverStone name and logo, the "u" shaped light at the bottom surrounding the power button and the arrow at the right showing how to open the door is what stands out here.
Unlocking and lowering the door, you get a bit of a peek behind the scenes. On the left is a pair of doors covering hot swap storage bays for 3.5" HDDs. The right side has an optical bay with a cover installed at the top leaving room for the front I/O below it.
Moving in a little closer, I opened the bays for the hot swap hard drive access. This allows for 3.5" drives of any density to be "plug and play" so you can just click right into media here versus through the network to your home theater.
The front I/O is basic, but still offers USB 3.0 connectivity next to the 3.5mm HD Audio jacks, leaving the reset button on the right by itself.
The right side of the GD06 has two mesh areas backed with a pair of 120mm fans blowing air into the chassis. You can also see that the top of the unit is separate and this will allow access inside in a few more images.
The rear of the chassis offers room for a pair of 80mm fans to be installed above the rear I/O. Moving right, there are four expansion slots with a +1 slot at the top right corner above where the PSU installs.
The left side of the GD06 offers a bit of ventilation near the +1 slot at the top, while the front of the panel offers room for the 120mm fan that is already installed, or you can replace that fan with an 80mm fan of your choice.
Under the chassis the front feet are large round plastic pucks with natural aluminum on the sides and rubber discs on the bottom to keep it from sliding around. The rear and center of the chassis receives rubber bumps for support. Over the mesh area for the PSU, there is a dust filter screwed into place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tencent the first Chinese company worth over $500 billion
- 50 million Uber accounts hacked, Uber paid $100K to hide it
- NVIDIA still the leader of GPU market, even with Vega here
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ