The SilverStone Grandia Series GD06 HTPC Chassis
The front of the GD06 has a large aluminum door that covers most of the bezel, while the outside is molded plastic to round the corners as it transitions to the sides. Most notably, the lock, the SilverStone name and logo, the "u" shaped light at the bottom surrounding the power button and the arrow at the right showing how to open the door is what stands out here.
Unlocking and lowering the door, you get a bit of a peek behind the scenes. On the left is a pair of doors covering hot swap storage bays for 3.5" HDDs. The right side has an optical bay with a cover installed at the top leaving room for the front I/O below it.
Moving in a little closer, I opened the bays for the hot swap hard drive access. This allows for 3.5" drives of any density to be "plug and play" so you can just click right into media here versus through the network to your home theater.
The front I/O is basic, but still offers USB 3.0 connectivity next to the 3.5mm HD Audio jacks, leaving the reset button on the right by itself.
The right side of the GD06 has two mesh areas backed with a pair of 120mm fans blowing air into the chassis. You can also see that the top of the unit is separate and this will allow access inside in a few more images.
The rear of the chassis offers room for a pair of 80mm fans to be installed above the rear I/O. Moving right, there are four expansion slots with a +1 slot at the top right corner above where the PSU installs.
The left side of the GD06 offers a bit of ventilation near the +1 slot at the top, while the front of the panel offers room for the 120mm fan that is already installed, or you can replace that fan with an 80mm fan of your choice.
Under the chassis the front feet are large round plastic pucks with natural aluminum on the sides and rubber discs on the bottom to keep it from sliding around. The rear and center of the chassis receives rubber bumps for support. Over the mesh area for the PSU, there is a dust filter screwed into place.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit