Getting into the board, you can see we've got this really dark color scheme that we've been seeing out of ASRock lately with a very black on black setup and some silver accents sitting in a few key areas. You get a good idea of what's going on with everything, but let's move in a bit closer and work our way around the board.
Moving in closer, we can see what's going on in the expansion slot side of things with two older PCI Legacy slots, two PCIe 1x slots and three PCIe x16 slots that run x16 / x16 in a dual card setup and x16 / x8 / x8 if you opt for a three card one. I would've preferred to have seen the second card sit a little further down the board in a two card setup, but if you're using dual slot cards you will still have a single slot between the two which is better than them touching each other.
Moving across the bottom of the board, we can see all our connecters which include HD Audio, Com1, 1394 FireWire, two USB 2.0, LED Debug reader, front panel connector along with a power and reset button to round the bottom off.
Turning the corner, you can see we've got a CPU fan connector on each end with eight SATA connector ports in between them. We've got four SATA II ports that run off the Intel X79 chip which are black along with two SATA III ones that run off the same chip. The furthest two on the left are also SATA III and they run off the ASMedia ASM1042 controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard