Performance is really strong on the ASUS P9X79 Pro and it's one of my favorite ASUS boards as it comes in at a really strong price point. At $319.99 US it's the cheapest ASUS board we've looked at out of the four we've seen now. Its overclock is also very strong and while it falls a little behind the extremely high end Rampage IV Extreme, it lines up well with the Deluxe and Sabertooth options that we've seen from ASUS.
The bundle is just a little on the lighter side, but the lack of Bluetooth connectivity isn't going to be an issue for a lot of people and it helps bring the price down a fair bit when compared to the Deluxe that comes in at $379.99 US.
The best thing about the P9X79 Pro is simply the fact that it's very ASUS in the way it's great on so many areas. The fact that doesn't come at the near $400 US price tag as seen on the Deluxe or the $469 US price tag on the Rampage IV Extreme, is what makes it really stand out as a great option for people who are on the hunt for a performance motherboard.
It's also an excellent option for people who are interested in going down the two-card SLI / CrossFire path and while three cards are of course supported, if you're going to spend that kind of money on a video card setup, you might want to look into the ROG line of boards with their massive focus on performance.
The ASUS P9X79 Pro is just a really nice option for people who want to spend around that $300 US mark. It offers a strong lineup of features like the new Turbo boost technology for USB devices and a strong overclock is on offer that compares to more expensive options like the Deluxe and the Sabertooth.
The bundle is one of the smaller options when compared to the other ASUS offerings, but it's still pretty strong and if you don't need extras like the Bluetooth expansion then it's money well saved.
The ASUS P9X79 Pro is just a typical, good quality ASUS board that ticks all the right boxes including the price one. Depending on what you want to spend, there's clearly going to be an ASUS option for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019