Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The ROCCAT Kova+ uses a 3200 DPI (Dots Per Inch) optical gaming sensor. This means that a multitude of LED light pulses bounce off the mouse mat and back into a sensor to determine movement and positioning. This sensor also is sensitive enough to realize when the mouse gets lifted to limit the amount of travel the pointer wanders if you have to lift the mouse when attempting to track a foe through a scope. The Kova+ comes with 130 IPS maximum speed which is a boost from the 40 IPS of the Kova. Lateral acceleration also got a boost from 20 Gs to 30 Gs in the Kova+, so this mouse will track the movements as fast as you can humanly and comfortably make them. The last major feature expressly tuned to gamers is the 1000Hz polling rate, which means there is only 1ms of delay between your actions and it being read by the PC. So if your game style is based on the run and gun technique where reaction time is a must, you are definitely covered.
Around the mouse you will find quite a few things that immediately jump out at you. First off would be the two meter cable made with the internal wiring coated in a smooth rubber finish, so drag against and tearing of the edge of the mat is reduced. The Kova+ has a low profile standing just 40mm tall at its highest point, and it's relatively lightweight at 90 grams. You will also notice that the mouse is both ergonomic and ready for both right and left handed users. Around the mouse you will find a 7+2 button configuration of right and left click, scroll click and up and down scrolling, plus two buttons on either side of the mouse. You can also see that there are four places on the mouse backed with LED lighting, but it requires being connected to see what that has to offer. The majority of the outside is constructed of both smooth sections and textured sections of plastic with the sides getting Griptech, non-slip rubber coatings.
The ROCCAT Kova+ just hit the market and as with all new releases it does take a bit of time to fill shelves everywhere. I was able to locate three places showing the Kova+, but only two have the mouse in stock and they are both listings from over the pond. Sorry to be this blunt, but shipping is definitely going to raise that near $70 price tag I saw anyways. The one link I did find that was USA based was from NCIX with a listing at $67.98, but since it is out of stock currently, you are left waiting for just a bit longer if the Kova+ impresses you as it did me. Since Newegg did carry the Kova when it was popular, I would imagine it won't be long until stock shows up there as well. I will say that this mouse has been a joy to use and is worth the wait.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit