Every time I write a video card review at the moment I feel like I have to throw in this arbitrary "it's few and far between video cards at the moment". It's kind of annoying to say, but it's definitely true. Saying that, I now have three HD 6970s sitting around me, so there's a few to do. Along with that, I've also got a HD 6670.
If rumors are correct, we'll also see a new model from NVIDIA before this month comes to an end. I know if they're true, but I can't really say; it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's true or not these days, though. I'll just leave it at that for now.
Anyway, onto the card we're looking at today. Speaking of "few and far between", that statement holds weight to PowerColor cards. We don't see heaps of them, but whenever we do look at them we always find ourselves impressed with what they're offering with the last card we looked at being the PowerColor HD 6870 X2.
Today it's all about the new DEVIL 13 card that we saw show up the other week. This card instantly grabbed my eye and I really wanted to check it out. Ask and you shall receive; today is all about the PowerColor DEVIL 13 HD 6970 2GB.
There's been a few changes to everything around here since we last looked at a video card, but we'll cover that all in just a few pages. The first thing we need to do is find out what this new HD 6970 is all about.
The first thing we need to do is check out what's going on with the package. Once we've done that we'll move in closer to look at the card and see what exactly makes the card stand out from the competition. Once that's done it's all about the specifications this bad boy has before we get into the fun stuff and see what kind of performance we can get out of the new DEVIL 13 card.
That just about covers everything for now, so let's get into the package to see just what the new DEVIL 13 HD 6970 is offering us.
The box of the new DEVIL 13 is extremely sleek looking. I love it! - On the front PowerColor don't even have their own logo; instead it's on one of the sides. The design is awesome, though, and turning over we just get a rundown of the specifications the card offers along with a breakdown of what's in the package.
Moving inside the box, you've got these two awesome little draws that come out; one has the card while the other has the "Recovery Chamber" and "Equipment Chamber". It's a really nice package that PowerColor have got going on here and it's nice to see as we've seen a lot of companies ignore the fancy packaging and instead just throw everything inside the box.
Moving inside, we've got a driver CD along with some DEVIL 13 paperwork. Also included is the DiRT 3 coupon that lets you grab a copy of the game. We've got a nice little sticker, CrossFire bridge, two 6-Pin to 8-Pin PCIe power connectors, DisplayPort to mini DP connector and a DVI to VGA connector.
Along with all that, we've also got these awesome little screw drivers in the recovery kit. One is a little one that has a bunch of heads included in the top of the screw driver, while the other is a skinnier and longer one that sits in a nice little package that wraps up. It's really nice to see PowerColor doing something a bit different; we see so many packages the same these days. They've done a good job here of making the new DEVIL 13 stand out from the other HD 6970s on the market at the moment.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- Choosing a VPN for gaming: Here's what you need to know
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director