Just as it should be with any 1000W power supply, the Thortech Thunderbolt Plus 1000W has a very extensive list of cables. The power supply has dual EPS12V cables for those that need it and support for up to four graphics cards with a total of eight 8-pin PCI-E connectors.
Peripherals are covered very well with twelve SATA connectors, six Molex connectors and a single FDD over six cables. The Thunderbolt Plus also has an additional cable for connecting the iPower Meter that mounts in the 5.25" bay.
Thortech keeps the rail distribution sweet and simple with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Opening up the power supply, we find a hefty amount of heatsinks to make sure that the unit stays nice and cool.
Dual Rubycon capacitors adorn the primary side of the Thunderbolt Plus.
Getting in close, we find that the secondary side is packed full of Nippon Chemi-Con's as well. It's always nice to see 100% Japanese capacitor construction.
Globe Fan provides the 135mm unit that cools this power supply. The model number on this particular fan is RL4Z B1352512H-3M.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- Custom Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons will come with a D-pad
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit