The Build and Finished Product
With the front door closed there really isn't a thing that changes about the front of the Antec P280 when fully assembled, and for someone who typically isn't a fan of front doors on cases, this one is surely growing on me.
Something I wasn't fully aware of in the beginning was that the front has a double hinge. Not only will the door open 180° from its closed position, but a second hinge allows for another 90° of motion so that the door can open until it meets the side panel of the case.
Typically in a mod tower chassis, this ATX motherboard wouldn't resemble a m-ATX build, but that says a lot for the room inside of this super mid tower. I was able to house everything easily with plenty of room left over for larger boards, water cooling, or more and even much longer graphics cards.
Above the motherboard there is roughly 38mm of room from the top of the board to the bottom of the fans that are installed. This will allow for most single thickness dual 120mm radiators to fit without issue and it won't block any of the view of your motherboard.
In the back there isn't anything that comes to mind that was of any issue. The I/O dust cover went in solidly, the cards went in and secured easily with the thumbscrews, and the PSU aligned as it should.
With as much room as is offered here, you don't have to be too particular about the wiring, but I still try to keep it clean. I will say it again here, three or four more inches of the I/O switch and lighting wires would have been gladly accepted. With the way the door hinge in the front of the chassis, thicker wires will press into place as you swing the panel into place.
All closed up and with the power applied, even with everything lit up in the front I/O panel, the only addition is the tiny blue LEDs. The idea is to not have something noticeable in noise levels or aesthetics. Even if you do see it sitting there, this isn't a chassis that screams "look at me, look at me", it's more of a casual "hey there, don't mind me"!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 'The More the Merrier' event
- Nintendo showcase top indie titles, 'Indie Highlights' video
- Leak: Mortal Kombat 11 for Switch scheduled for May 10 debut
- Fry Cry New Dawn story trailer - 'The Father' is now an ally
- Metro Exodus has transforming guns
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Introducing The Olympus OM-D E-M1X Offering Unrivaled Speed And System Mobility
- Frontline Workers Frequently Turn to Unapproved Messaging Apps for Work-Related Communications, Unbeknownst to HR
- Tactical Guild Management 'Guilds of Delenar' Coming to Steam Early Access in March
- Nokia to publish fourth-quarter and full-year 2018 report on January 31, 2019
- Miasma Caves Explores Steam Early Access Today