The Antec Performance One Series P280 Super Mid Tower Chassis
The front of the P280 gets a noticeable move of the I/O panel from the right side to the top of the aluminum front bezel cover. At the bottom, Antec presses their name into the aluminum to keep the subtle aesthetics of the outside of the chassis.
The front Bezel is a door as well and when opened, it exposes the three 5.25" bay covers , a dust filter that goes over the spot for the optional 120mm fans at the bottom, and the inside of the door has an additional foam filter that will also deaden sounds from inside the chassis.
The power and reset buttons are placed on the top of the chassis for easier access than previous models. The front I/O offers connectivity for HD Audio in and out, two USB 2.0 ports, and two USB 3.0 ports. The small holes at both sides are the HDD activity LED at the left and the power LED on the right.
Behind the power and reset buttons, the P280 gets additional cooling added to the top. This honeycomb mesh cover goes over a pair of 120mm TwoCool fans.
On the left side of the chassis there is a large solid steel panel. While they could have cut a window or added mesh, neither is conducive to silence. This way they can block noises with the steel and the large poly sheet that backs it.
Near the rear of the chassis, at the bottom, Antec designed the dust filter to be removed from here. This doesn't seem like much, but most exit from the rear, and in enclosed areas or with the case backed up to a wall, it makes their removal almost impossible. Nice touch Antec!
Behind the P280, the top starts off with a three switch panel above the rear exhaust fan. Left of the fan is the rear I/O area, and below it you get nine expansion slots and two oversized holes for water cooling. The mesh that runs along the left side is to allow air flow behind the motherboard tray leaving the large hole at the bottom for the PSU.
The switch panel offers room for four switches, but only three are used to control each of the three included 120mm TwoCool fans. The switches are labeled for the top and the rear, and all switches offer both a Hi and Low position.
The right side of the chassis is again plain to allow for the dual layer sound deadening that Antec designed into the chassis to do its job.
Under the P280 there are two things that need addressing. I removed the dust cover to show the mesh area that allows your PSU to intake fresh cool air. The second thing I adore, white silicon rubber feet! One thing I always find with most feet is they will leave black marks on everything; you won't have that with these feet!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV require over 155GB HDD space for 4K on PC
- Intel: 5G mobile PCs will be here next year
- Dynasty Warriors 9 dev apologizes for major PC patch delay
- Assassin's Creed Origins New Game+ beaten, reward revealed
- Overwatch League Streams on Twitch can earn in-game rewards
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Apple iPhone X $999 Buy here www.BizFests.com
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit