The Antec Performance One Series P280 Super Mid Tower Chassis
The front of the P280 gets a noticeable move of the I/O panel from the right side to the top of the aluminum front bezel cover. At the bottom, Antec presses their name into the aluminum to keep the subtle aesthetics of the outside of the chassis.
The front Bezel is a door as well and when opened, it exposes the three 5.25" bay covers , a dust filter that goes over the spot for the optional 120mm fans at the bottom, and the inside of the door has an additional foam filter that will also deaden sounds from inside the chassis.
The power and reset buttons are placed on the top of the chassis for easier access than previous models. The front I/O offers connectivity for HD Audio in and out, two USB 2.0 ports, and two USB 3.0 ports. The small holes at both sides are the HDD activity LED at the left and the power LED on the right.
Behind the power and reset buttons, the P280 gets additional cooling added to the top. This honeycomb mesh cover goes over a pair of 120mm TwoCool fans.
On the left side of the chassis there is a large solid steel panel. While they could have cut a window or added mesh, neither is conducive to silence. This way they can block noises with the steel and the large poly sheet that backs it.
Near the rear of the chassis, at the bottom, Antec designed the dust filter to be removed from here. This doesn't seem like much, but most exit from the rear, and in enclosed areas or with the case backed up to a wall, it makes their removal almost impossible. Nice touch Antec!
Behind the P280, the top starts off with a three switch panel above the rear exhaust fan. Left of the fan is the rear I/O area, and below it you get nine expansion slots and two oversized holes for water cooling. The mesh that runs along the left side is to allow air flow behind the motherboard tray leaving the large hole at the bottom for the PSU.
The switch panel offers room for four switches, but only three are used to control each of the three included 120mm TwoCool fans. The switches are labeled for the top and the rear, and all switches offer both a Hi and Low position.
The right side of the chassis is again plain to allow for the dual layer sound deadening that Antec designed into the chassis to do its job.
Under the P280 there are two things that need addressing. I removed the dust cover to show the mesh area that allows your PSU to intake fresh cool air. The second thing I adore, white silicon rubber feet! One thing I always find with most feet is they will leave black marks on everything; you won't have that with these feet!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series