As I stated earlier in the introduction, Zalman doesn't do processor cooling very well for the enthusiast, but they certainly have something impressive going with graphics board cooling. Considering that there isn't a single fan used in this type of cooling solution, we have shown it to be a very respectable means of keeping those hot video cards cool.
Of course, it does have the one main drawback that its big brother has, no RAM sinks. And even though the MX models of boards don't tend to run as hot as the performance line, there are still an awful lot of manufacturers making these budget boards with 128MB of high-speed memory. And you know as well as I do that if you CAN overclock the memory, chances are that you WILL. RAM sinks would be just what the doctor ordered to make this an even sweeter overall cooling setup.
Bottom line...if you have been hearing about these Zalman VGA coolers and have thought yourself to be out of luck because you happened to have one of those low-end performers, then take joy in the fact that you too can have a quiet VGA cooler. With results that are better than standard active coolers, it is just hard to say no!
No fans = no noise
Smaller footprint than big brother
No RAM sinks
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Zalman ZM50 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Zalman ZM50 - Page 2 [The Card]
- Zalman ZM50 - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam