As I stated earlier in the introduction, Zalman doesn't do processor cooling very well for the enthusiast, but they certainly have something impressive going with graphics board cooling. Considering that there isn't a single fan used in this type of cooling solution, we have shown it to be a very respectable means of keeping those hot video cards cool.
Of course, it does have the one main drawback that its big brother has, no RAM sinks. And even though the MX models of boards don't tend to run as hot as the performance line, there are still an awful lot of manufacturers making these budget boards with 128MB of high-speed memory. And you know as well as I do that if you CAN overclock the memory, chances are that you WILL. RAM sinks would be just what the doctor ordered to make this an even sweeter overall cooling setup.
Bottom line...if you have been hearing about these Zalman VGA coolers and have thought yourself to be out of luck because you happened to have one of those low-end performers, then take joy in the fact that you too can have a quiet VGA cooler. With results that are better than standard active coolers, it is just hard to say no!
No fans = no noise
Smaller footprint than big brother
No RAM sinks
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Zalman ZM50 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Zalman ZM50 - Page 2 [The Card]
- Zalman ZM50 - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Shadow of War balanced to be played without lootboxes
- Valve almost made an amazing looking co-op fantasy game
- Intel Z370 will support future 8th Gen Cannon Lake CPUs
- Vivendi abstains vote in Ubisoft shareholders meeting
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM