As I stated earlier in the introduction, Zalman doesn't do processor cooling very well for the enthusiast, but they certainly have something impressive going with graphics board cooling. Considering that there isn't a single fan used in this type of cooling solution, we have shown it to be a very respectable means of keeping those hot video cards cool.
Of course, it does have the one main drawback that its big brother has, no RAM sinks. And even though the MX models of boards don't tend to run as hot as the performance line, there are still an awful lot of manufacturers making these budget boards with 128MB of high-speed memory. And you know as well as I do that if you CAN overclock the memory, chances are that you WILL. RAM sinks would be just what the doctor ordered to make this an even sweeter overall cooling setup.
Bottom line...if you have been hearing about these Zalman VGA coolers and have thought yourself to be out of luck because you happened to have one of those low-end performers, then take joy in the fact that you too can have a quiet VGA cooler. With results that are better than standard active coolers, it is just hard to say no!
No fans = no noise
Smaller footprint than big brother
No RAM sinks
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Zalman ZM50 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Zalman ZM50 - Page 2 [The Card]
- Zalman ZM50 - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit