Specifications and Features of the EL Dual Channel DDR SDRAM
5ns OCZ T-SOP Chips
Thin Copper Heat Spreader
6 Layer Ultra Low Noise (ULN) Shielded PCB
Available in up to 512MB Module
32x8 Low Density, Unbuffered
CAS 2 6-3-3 1T @ DDR400 PC3200
CAS 2 5-2-2 2T @ DDR333 PC2700
CAS 2 5-2-2 1T @ DDR266 PC2100
When we first reviewed the DDR-433 module we didn't get our module in the retail package. We were contacted by OCZ and Ramstore in Canada stating that they had packaged it in retail box. Customs was to blame for removing it from the case and placing it in a static bag. Today we are lucky enough to have our unit unmolested. With the Dual DDR package you get your memory in two separate containers bound with the OCZ seal of approval. Inside the packages you get your memory and installation guide with tips for overclocking your system and memory.
Here we see the two modules removed from the packaging. The units are encased in a thin copper heatspreader. OCZ use copper for heatspreaders due to the advanced thermal properties inherent to copper. The spreaders are thinner than most, which reduces costs but keep the memory cool when running above spec.
The heatsink has been especially made by OCZ with OCZ Technology engraved into the heatspreader.
Under the copper heatspreader OCZ 5ns TSOP memory modules power the two modules. Both modules have identical chips and identical layouts for maximum compatibility in Dual Channel operation.
OCZ placed two stickers on this set - First your standard identification sticker that gives the speed rating and the OCZ Technology logo. The second sticker shows the module as the EL Dual Channel modules. EL stands for Enhanced Latency. This means that the chips have been specially selected for maximum speed. A 6 layer Ultra Low Noise (ULN) PCB is used to reduce the noise across the memory bus to increase the potential maximum speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 1 [Introduction]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 2 [Specifications and Features]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 5 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead sells less than 100K units
- Just Cause 4 sales fail, Square Enix blames other AAA titles
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall release date/story trailer debut
- New Warhammer: Chaosbane - Dwarf Slayer ARPG trailer
- FromSoftware tease Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice new boss
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Why gaming forums are not so popular nowadays?
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure