Specifications and Features of the EL Dual Channel DDR SDRAM
5ns OCZ T-SOP Chips
Thin Copper Heat Spreader
6 Layer Ultra Low Noise (ULN) Shielded PCB
Available in up to 512MB Module
32x8 Low Density, Unbuffered
CAS 2 6-3-3 1T @ DDR400 PC3200
CAS 2 5-2-2 2T @ DDR333 PC2700
CAS 2 5-2-2 1T @ DDR266 PC2100
When we first reviewed the DDR-433 module we didn't get our module in the retail package. We were contacted by OCZ and Ramstore in Canada stating that they had packaged it in retail box. Customs was to blame for removing it from the case and placing it in a static bag. Today we are lucky enough to have our unit unmolested. With the Dual DDR package you get your memory in two separate containers bound with the OCZ seal of approval. Inside the packages you get your memory and installation guide with tips for overclocking your system and memory.
Here we see the two modules removed from the packaging. The units are encased in a thin copper heatspreader. OCZ use copper for heatspreaders due to the advanced thermal properties inherent to copper. The spreaders are thinner than most, which reduces costs but keep the memory cool when running above spec.
The heatsink has been especially made by OCZ with OCZ Technology engraved into the heatspreader.
Under the copper heatspreader OCZ 5ns TSOP memory modules power the two modules. Both modules have identical chips and identical layouts for maximum compatibility in Dual Channel operation.
OCZ placed two stickers on this set - First your standard identification sticker that gives the speed rating and the OCZ Technology logo. The second sticker shows the module as the EL Dual Channel modules. EL stands for Enhanced Latency. This means that the chips have been specially selected for maximum speed. A 6 layer Ultra Low Noise (ULN) PCB is used to reduce the noise across the memory bus to increase the potential maximum speed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 1 [Introduction]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 2 [Specifications and Features]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 5 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zombieland 2 confirmed, all actors/writers return for sequel
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit