Memory in a computer is thought about as much as oil in your car engine, in some ways it does the same job. While in your car, the size of the engine as the technology behind the fuel system determines the main performance, it's the little things behind the scenes that help. This is similar to computer memory. Your average memory module can handle ordinary tasks, but when it comes to overclocking, you need something even better. This is where OCZ comes in.
For the past two years OCZ has been producing memory for the overclockers market.
Our first taste of OCZ was back in the SDRAM days with the introduction of the first PC133 modules, when PC133 wasn't even a standard, OCZ memory helped many people with BX based motherboards overclock their Pentium 3 processors to over 133MHz FSB. With bus speeds increasing, OCZ increased their memory yields to produce PC150 memory, this memory was by far their best overclocking memory, even outdoing their PC166 memory.
DDR SDRAM saw a new front from OCZ, PC2700 was not beyond the reach of their PC2100 modules. So far PC3500 is released by OCZ with PC3700 coming very soon. Dual Channel is the latest craze from nVidia with their nForce, Intel with the E7205 and SiS with the SiS 655. These new chipsets run in 128bit mode which requires two DDR DIMM's to operate at full capacity.
OCZ introduced their own Dual Channel package late last year - Introducing the OCZ PC3200 EL DDR SDRAM memory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 1 [Introduction]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 2 [Specifications and Features]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 5 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Top 10 Twilight Zone episodes
- New Twilight Zone trailer is full of classic throwbacks
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure