Memory in a computer is thought about as much as oil in your car engine, in some ways it does the same job. While in your car, the size of the engine as the technology behind the fuel system determines the main performance, it's the little things behind the scenes that help. This is similar to computer memory. Your average memory module can handle ordinary tasks, but when it comes to overclocking, you need something even better. This is where OCZ comes in.
For the past two years OCZ has been producing memory for the overclockers market.
Our first taste of OCZ was back in the SDRAM days with the introduction of the first PC133 modules, when PC133 wasn't even a standard, OCZ memory helped many people with BX based motherboards overclock their Pentium 3 processors to over 133MHz FSB. With bus speeds increasing, OCZ increased their memory yields to produce PC150 memory, this memory was by far their best overclocking memory, even outdoing their PC166 memory.
DDR SDRAM saw a new front from OCZ, PC2700 was not beyond the reach of their PC2100 modules. So far PC3500 is released by OCZ with PC3700 coming very soon. Dual Channel is the latest craze from nVidia with their nForce, Intel with the E7205 and SiS with the SiS 655. These new chipsets run in 128bit mode which requires two DDR DIMM's to operate at full capacity.
OCZ introduced their own Dual Channel package late last year - Introducing the OCZ PC3200 EL DDR SDRAM memory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 1 [Introduction]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 2 [Specifications and Features]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Synthetic PC]
- OCZ Dual Channel - Page 5 [Overclocking and Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series