The Corsair Carbide Series Arctic White 500R Mid Tower Case
The front of the 500R is flanked on both sides with the Arctic White paint while the middle section is made up of the plastic I/O panel at the top with mesh running down the remainder, all of which is black.
The Front I/O has the power button and hard drive activity light on the left. In the middle there are two USB 3.0 ports, 3.5mm audio jacks, and an IEEE-1394 port. On the right there is the LED lighting switch and fan speed control switch above the small reset button.
The left side of the chase also gets the Arctic White paint. This time however, what once was a mesh punched out of the steel, the whole area has been removed to allow for this steel mesh insert that allows for a 200mm fan, a pair of 140mm fans, or a pair of 120mm fans to be installed behind it.
The back of the chassis is completely black, but with the edges of the door panels wrapping around it, it resembles the white stripes running down the front. Here you will find room for the rear I/O next to the exhaust fan that can also be 120mm or a 140mm fan. Below you run into the eight expansion slots next to the four grommets in holes that allow for tubing to pass through the chassis. The leaves the only spot left at the bottom to house the power supply.
The right side of the 500R shares the same bumped out design in the door panel as the left side. Where the left side is done to allow for 25mm fans to fit over coolers and graphics cards, this side the intention is to allow much more room for wires placed behind the motherboard tray.
At the top of the 500r, the front of it offers a good sized area to set your phone, keys, anything you can think of really. Behind the tray is a long mesh panel that allows for the optional fans, or those of the H100 to breathe from inside the chassis.
This panel is removable to allow you to either set a really thin radiator in here, or more what it is designed for, use the 25mm of spacing for fans, either 120mm or 140mm. To replace or remove the mesh top, just press on it near the tray at the front. A spring loaded release will allow its removal, and also with another press, lock it back into position.
Under the 500R there are large, chunky, rubber feet in the rear with wider feet at the front. Down the middle there is a large dust filter that covers the area that will allow for both the intake of the PSU, and a spot for an additional 120mm or 140mm fan. The thumbscrews near the front of the chassis are used to help hold the hard drive cages in place.
Just like in the 400R, the 500R offers the thumbscrews in the panels with the feature of never getting lost. After unscrewing them from the body of the chassis, they are not removable, so when you go to put the door back on, you know right where the screws are.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Ethereum mining difficulty reaches lofty new heights
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series pricing to continue rising
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM