Accessories, Documentation, and Fit
This is all of the hardware included with the Transformer 3. On the left there is the bag with the eight supplied fan mounts, and of course there is a large AMD latch in the middle under the thermal paste. The rest of the hardware will be used for Intel only. You slip a black washer on one of the screws and add a second washer once it has been passed through one of the four mounting holes of the motherboard and gets tightened into place with a thin thumbscrew. Once the cooler is set on, you use the screws to screw into the larger thumbscrews at the top to secure it all into place.
The instruction paper is pretty basic, but then so are the mounting systems. This side of the instruction sheet covers the AMD mounting while the reverse goes into a bit more detail to explain the installation. You also get a parts list and an image of all the parts spread out in front of you so you can be sure you have all the parts before you start assembly.
There isn't a back plate to show you, and I'm sure you know what the head of a screw looks like, so I moved past it to the point of having the screws held to the board with the thin nuts with washers on both sides of the motherboard for each hole. From here we just need some interface material and we can set the cooler down and use the thumbscrews to mount the cooler.
I have some pretty tall memory heat spreaders that I use with my setup, and the Transformer 3 almost clears the height of this memory. Those with more average height memory or even those without spreaders will fit in here with little issue.
The fan does extend over my first memory slot, but as you can see the fan sits high enough that memory can be installed in the closest slot, just not taller memory like mine.
You can see the descriptive word "shiny" used by Evercool was no joke. The reflection of the lighting in my photo booth makes everything in the background very dark as the camera adjusts to take in all the light reflecting from the Transformer 3.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- NVIDIA's new RTX technology powers ray traced Porsche
- Lenovo's new ThinkPad: up to 17-inch, Quadro GPU, Xeon CPU
- NVIDIA teases next-gen GeForce in 'Be For The Game' video
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X Review
- My windows get blue screens after i installed bios version F7 on gigabyte z97x gaming 5
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market