The OCZ Technology RevoDrive Hybrid
Here we get our first look at the RevoDrive Hybrid. OCZ chose to use a Toshiba 1TB 2.5" HDD for their base drive and two banks of SSDs in a RAID like array for the advanced cache portion.
The RevoDrive Hybrid uses 25nm asynchronous flash and on the back we see some of it. This is where things get a little hairy. I'm not too sure what to think about OCZ using their own branded flash that we know nothing about.
The RevoDrive Hybrid appears to occupy a single slot from the back, but from the side we see it takes up a couple of slots due to its triple tier design.
There are three parts; the main board with the SSD, a daughterboard with the SATA interface and the HDD that rests on top of the daughterboard.
Most of the flash is found on the back side of the PCB, but this goes to show that OCZ has the ability to make units with more flash.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Technical Side of the RevoDrive Hybrid]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The OCZ Technology RevoDrive Hybrid]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard