Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The OCZ RevoDrive Hybrid isn't just a SSD paired with a HDD to give the feel of solid state performance. The RevoDrive Hybrid pairs a 1TB mechanical hard drive with a 128GB cache SSD system that uses OCZ's VCA 2.0 RAID-like system. The same technology used on OCZ's RevoDrive 3 is used on the RevoDrive Hybrid and we can tell you from past experience that the SSD portion is very fast. By using the PCI Express bus, OCZ has eliminated the bottlenecks found with SATA technology. This is what makes the RevoDrive Hybrid different from the competing products on the market.
As we said before, to make your cache system feel like a full on SSD drive you need to overcome the weak link, the HDD. The RevoDrive Hybrid has a read speed of up to 910MB/s and is capable of writing data at up to 810MB/s. On the IOPS side that is around 120,000 at peak and around 65,000 on average. It's safe to say that OCZ has managed to overcome the HDD with enough (Sand)force to make your system feel like it has a 1TB SSD working your data.
Of course, you are still talking about a product that uses two SSDs, a higher end controller (the VCA 2.0) and a 1TB 2.5" HDD and all of that comes at a cost. At the time of writing Newegg has the 1TB RevoDrive Hybrid listed at 499.99 USD. It really doesn't matter how good the RevoDrive Hybrid is or could be, it is a high cost and many won't give the product a second look. It's too bad OCZ wasn't able to bring the cost into the low 400 Dollar range.
Let's take a look at how it all works.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Technical Side of the RevoDrive Hybrid]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The OCZ Technology RevoDrive Hybrid]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- FS 30 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $7,740
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit