Accessories, Documentation and Fit
The hardware shipped with the ETD-T60 coolers is very well thought out and works easily once you wrap your head around what is going on. Along with the thermal grease, you get the longer AMD and Intel halves of the mounting on the left of the universal back plate, and the shorter halves of the AMD and Intel legs on the right of it. Both the AMD and Intel clips lock into a groove on the sides and across the top of the base, and then screw together to secure both pieces to the coolers base.
The rest of the hardware is shown here. There is a socket with a Phillip's drive on the reverse and the four, adjustable legs. The black legs are held into the mounting clips with the four thumbscrews on the right. To mount the AMD and Intel mounting kits to the cooler, you will need two of the four screws and washers at the right. The washers keep the black legs off the motherboard, and the four nuts mount the cooler on the back of the motherboard.
Connected to the fan, there are six total wires. Two of them go to the push button control for the seven function LED lighting control. With that you will also find the 4-pin PWM connector to power the T.B. Vegas Duo fan.
The instructions are pretty basic, but get the idea across of how the cooler is to be mounted. Along with the outside of the packaging, the instructions take up more room with the various language supported on this one piece folded up manual. Even with the limited space, the instructions found in the images are enough to not even need the accompanying text.
If I was confusing you on how to mount the components of the hardware; this image should clear up how the two pieces are screwed together and how the tabs grab onto the side of the coolers base. The AMD and Intel setup is the same for the black legs and mounting thumbscrews.
Mounted as shown in the manual, I do lose access to one channel for memory with tall heat spreaders. I can however run lower profile heatsinks or naked memory sticks under those pipes.
The ETD-T60 is quite large and covers the power delivery coolers well on my GA-Z68X-UD4. Now this is the suggested installation position. If you have standard height memory, you could spin this 180 degrees and attempt to cool the memory with it, but today memory cooling is really overrated.
I like the width of the ETD-T60 coolers, as you can see they are as wide as the memory is. This will allow for both trouble free installations in tight cases, as the cooler doesn't pass the top of the board, and it also will cause no issues with use of the first PCI-E slot.
The universal plate fits well around the Intel mounting and I did mount it to my GA-990FXA-UD7 and I had no issues there either. On both installations, the nuts run out of threads before it warped either board. With the nuts on the back, it makes the compact nature of the cooler a non-issue when it came to securing the ETD-T60-VD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions