As we mentioned early on in this review, the Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro "Ultimate Edition" is not a video card that falls into the budget group. With a street price of right around US$300, it can be downright pricey to those on a budget. But for those who are looking for performance that makes the competition look pale in comparison, this board will be there waiting for you.
Many of those users who fall into the Enthusiast category, you will look inside your own performance rig and see something along the lines of the Radeon 9500 Pro or the Ti4200 cards being compared today. I have been asked many times whether the upgrade to the Radeon 9700 Pro boards is really worth it. After our tests today, I think that the answer to this question can be summed up in a single word; YES!
The overclocking capabilities of this card may seem limited for those accustomed to using the nVidia based boards, but even so the levels of performance we've seen today are far above what we could even dream of with some of the common boards being used in systems today.
Bottom line...If you have been looking at upgrades to your existing video board, then you would do very well to take a hard look at the Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro "Ultimate Edition" board. Even if you currently have a GeForce4 or lesser Radeon board currently in your system, the performance difference makes the upgrade a worthy choice. The Sapphire unit we had the privileged of testing not only works exceedingly well, but has also earned the "Ultimate Edition" moniker that has been proudly branded to the front of the box.
Passive cooling = QUIET!
Anti-Aliasing performance is spectacular
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 3 [Contents]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 4 [The Card]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 5 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 6 [Anti-Aliasing/Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9700 Pro - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Every character trailer for Soulcalibur VI/combat tutorial
- Job J Stauffer reveals his experience working at Rockstar
- Fox flies Starlink: Battle for Atlas onto Nintendo Switch
- Ubisoft release For Honor 'Marching Fire' gameplay trailer
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam