For a 550W power supply, Corsair manages to get in a pretty decent list of cables and connectors to make sure that you are able to make full use of the 550 watts that are available. The obligatory 20+4 and ATX 4+4 pin connectors are present as you would expect. Both PCI-E cables features 6+2 pin connectors, are modular, and are of ample length.
There is one Molex and one SATA cable natively wired to the power supply and then one more of each. This gives you a total of six SATA and six Molex connectors. Furthermore, Corsair includes two Molex to FDD connectors for those still requiring the connector.
Rail distribution is kept simple with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Opening up the TX550M, we see a unit that is almost identical to what we saw in that of the TX750M. It is very obvious that the cooling isn't the most spectacular that we've ever seen, but so long as it gets the job done and the unit doesn't fail under full load, we won't complain.
The single primary capacitor is manufactured by Panasonic.
Over on the secondary side, Corsair utilizes the Japanese made Nippon Chemi-con capacitors.
The very popular Yate Loon D14BH-12 is back yet again, providing the cooling for the TX550M.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ataribox will open pre-orders this Thursday
- Uber challenged, Taxify launches in Sydney Australia
- Microsoft release 4K Streaming update for Xbox One X/S
- Intel reportedly slashing budget to 'Intel Inside' marketing
- Inno3D intros new P104-100 Crypto-Mining Accelerator card
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus New 64GB SM-G955UZKAXAA $824
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series