ABIT has been for quite some time the biggest name in overclocking. ABIT started this trend back when overclocking was nothing but a trend.
ABIT first brought to us their "Softmenu" overclocking utility back in the Socket 7 days. Originally Softmenu was not intended to be an overclocking tool. It was intended to allow jumper free access to the motherboards CPU setup parameters. Once it was discovered that the CPU core voltage and FSB adjustments allowed for overclocking of the CPU, ABIT's already available boards become hot property.
ABIT's great claim to fame was in the 440BX chipset days. With the already high potential of the 440BX chipset and ABIT's approach to overclocking, ABIT had a huge portion of the overclockers market. Very few companies had good overclocking motherboards in the early 400BX days, ABIT's BH6 and BX6 boards were amongst the best Intel based boards and to this day still holds great appeal to Intel fans. With the boom in the Intel Pentium 4 segment and all the latest chipsets coming out, ABIT has chosen who and how for its Intel line. Recently ABIT introduced their Legacy free motherboard range, dubbed the "MAX" line; it includes the AT7 Max for AMD Athlon XP, IT7 Max and the IT7 Max2 for Intel Pentium 4.
We took a look at the IT7 Max2 motherboard a while ago, based on the I845E chipset with legacy free design. Today we look at ABIT's latest addition to its Max line, the IT7 Max2 Revision 2.0.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 3 [Features]
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003-02-19]
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Productivity]
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- IT7 Max2 Rev 2.0 - Page 10 [Conclusion]