Uh yeah .I don't think I saw foot massager or kitchen sink listed anywhere on there. In the future we'll cover more of the software functionality with a full software review. We'll cover the basics today and analyze what we thought while working with the system.
While testing the Synology DS411+II to determine its file transfer capability, I made my way through the software. For years I've talked about Thecus and QNAP's evolution and how easy it is to get through. With their systems you see the maze and feel like you have an unlimited number of possibilities to explore. Don't get me wrong, you are only a few clicks away from any targeted section that you are looking for, but you still get the impression that you have a lot to learn if you want the optimal configuration.
The Synology software is completely different in the way it's presented. You get the impression that everything is sitting right in front of you, just a single click away. Because of this I was quite surprised at the vast amount of functionality the DS411+II has on the list above. On paper it looks like a complicated cluster, but the truth is setup and configuration was less complicated than a modern Blu-ray player.
Of course, those looking to really take full advantage of the dual core processor can start adding even more functionality. On Synology's web page we found packages for turning you NAS into a web server, mail server, VPN server and so forth. The packages go on and on and there are some listed that I've never seen officially supported by the manufacturer before on other NAS products at this, or any other price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The Synology DS411+II]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media