The Build and Finished Product
With everything installed in what seemed like record time, although after three tries at it I should be able to do this in my sleep by now. With the DVD drive in place the texture of the bezel mates the drive well and doesn't look out of place. I also like that I can see wiring and the rear fan through the bezel. If I can see it, air can definitely get in there!
Changing things up, I threw in the blue GIGABYTE just to make something stand out, and so you have an idea of what a m-ATX system would fit like. With plenty of room for the ATX system in the previous submissions, the m-ATX system has plenty of room to work when it's finished.
Nothing exciting going on in the back, just that now all of the holes are filled and there is a quartet of DVI connectors staring back at you. I did go ahead and remove the tube covers and install the grommets to see how they fit, and they were very easy to install.
Every time I get behind this tray my mind just spins with all the ways I can route things. So far this is my third go at it, and not one of them looks the same. Not only can I route things anywhere I want really, there are plenty of points to secure the wiring and keep it out of the way.
Before we add the cord and power it up, I figured we could get one last spin around the chassis with the panels back on the Source 220.
Changing the angle 180 degrees, there are no issues to bring up. Both panels fit smoothly and align well with the body of the case. Don't forget about that model and serial number sticker near the rear I/O, as you may need to retrieve this information for RMA purposes.
Just in case you miss it in the next shot, once powered up, the Source 220 only produces this for lighting. The larger power button is surrounded with a light that denotes PC power. The reset button, the smaller one below, is not only surrounded, but also centered with LED backlighting denoting the HDD activity.
Powered up, there is a mellow hum emanating from the fans on the Source 220, but once the GPU fans are spooled up, I can definitely hear them over the case. As far as lighting goes, when the system is powered the ring around the power button is lit. The reset button has a light in the middle that will flicker for HDD activity.
After five restarts I was still not quick enough to get the flicker on the reset button, but since I hadn't really covered those, I figured I would get you a close-up of the lighting and the large power button with the reset button under it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit