What can I say...I'm impressed! I have tested several Zalman cooling products over the past couple of years and they have always been found lacking. But this time, these folks have done a very remarkable job. The Heatpipe has proven itself to be a very effective cooler and better yet, it makes absolutely NO NOISE.
If you have been complaining lately about the amount of sheer noise that has been emitting from your system, it may be time to look for ways of taming the beast within the box. Since fans are the loudest of these decibel-producing fiends, we should be looking for ways of either quieting them down or eliminating some of them. Folks, the Zalman ZM80A-HP Heatpipe is one way to not only make a quieter system, but to also maintain an effective cooling solution for your high-end video card.
Of course, the cooling system doesn't come free. At a price of roughly US$33, it isn't going to be the cheapest cooler around, but the total lack of noise might just make this worth it in your eyes. It all comes down to what you're willing to spend to enjoy peace and quiet.
One note is that Zalman states clearly in their manual that they do not recommend overclocking with this cooler in place. While the results we attained today might indicate otherwise, you should consider the fact that there is no memory cooling in place with this type of cooler. Keeping the GPU at a workable temperature is important, but so is keeping the memory cool.
Bottom line...If you're downright tired of all the noise coming from your own system, it may be time to make a change. For those who aren't big into video card overclocking, the Zalman Heatpipe is a wonderfully effective cooling solution that makes absolutely no noise. Talk about a win-win situation!
Very effective cooling
No noise at all
No power consumption
Installs over most standard RAM sinks
Takes a PCI slot
No memory cooling
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM