Installation - Continued
Our next step is to install the back of the base assembly. Follow the same steps as you did for the front base except don't use any thermal interface in this part. After it is in place, you'll want to use two nuts to secure it onto the studs. And remember to take note of that arrow again. It should be pointing toward the slot just like on the front piece.
Before cranking everything firmly into place, take a moment to make sure that the front and back bases are adjacent to each other. This will help ensure the best possible cooling. To check for this, hold the video card sideways and then compare the placement of the bases. When you're sure that everything is set up correctly, tighten the screws to make sure that everything is locked into place.
It is almost time to finish up with this thing, so lets take a minute and spread out some more TIM. I added it to both the front and back of the bases between the screws and also about halfway through the ridges where the heatpipe will be going through. It never hurts to have a nice interface to help dispel the unwanted heat.
After you get that finished, it will be time to install the heatpipe. It fits into the groove that goes along the front and back of the base assemblies. NOTE: The picture above was taken before adding the TIM. Make sure that you have some in place before going on.
Hang in there, we're almost finished!
To attach the heatsinks, you just need to place the sink onto the appropriate base and secure it with four screws. To make sure that it is installed correctly, just make sure that the name "ZALMAN" is toward the top of the card. Once you have the front plate installed, turn it over and finish up with the backside.
Just as with the front, the name "ZALMAN" should be at the top of the card. And just to ease your mind as you look at how BIG this thing is, here is a picture of a properly assembled unit on our test board:
Pretty good sized, isn't it? You'll end up losing a PCI slot with this rig, so let's hope that the cooling is good enough to make it worth it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Unreal is free for 2 days to celebrate its 20th anniversary
- Epic: $3 million charity prize pool for Fortnite at E3 2018
- Epic invests $100 million into eSports scene for Fortnite
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit