Installation - Continued
Our next step is to install the back of the base assembly. Follow the same steps as you did for the front base except don't use any thermal interface in this part. After it is in place, you'll want to use two nuts to secure it onto the studs. And remember to take note of that arrow again. It should be pointing toward the slot just like on the front piece.
Before cranking everything firmly into place, take a moment to make sure that the front and back bases are adjacent to each other. This will help ensure the best possible cooling. To check for this, hold the video card sideways and then compare the placement of the bases. When you're sure that everything is set up correctly, tighten the screws to make sure that everything is locked into place.
It is almost time to finish up with this thing, so lets take a minute and spread out some more TIM. I added it to both the front and back of the bases between the screws and also about halfway through the ridges where the heatpipe will be going through. It never hurts to have a nice interface to help dispel the unwanted heat.
After you get that finished, it will be time to install the heatpipe. It fits into the groove that goes along the front and back of the base assemblies. NOTE: The picture above was taken before adding the TIM. Make sure that you have some in place before going on.
Hang in there, we're almost finished!
To attach the heatsinks, you just need to place the sink onto the appropriate base and secure it with four screws. To make sure that it is installed correctly, just make sure that the name "ZALMAN" is toward the top of the card. Once you have the front plate installed, turn it over and finish up with the backside.
Just as with the front, the name "ZALMAN" should be at the top of the card. And just to ease your mind as you look at how BIG this thing is, here is a picture of a properly assembled unit on our test board:
Pretty good sized, isn't it? You'll end up losing a PCI slot with this rig, so let's hope that the cooling is good enough to make it worth it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Director does Ultimate Q&A
- Game of Thrones Season 8: 'longer than 60 min' each episode
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nov patch: New Boss/Quests & More
- Fortnite update intros 'Food Fight' Limited Time Mode, more
- MSI debuts GeForce RTX 2070 AERO ITX, the first small Turing
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms