Installation - Continued
Our next step is to install the back of the base assembly. Follow the same steps as you did for the front base except don't use any thermal interface in this part. After it is in place, you'll want to use two nuts to secure it onto the studs. And remember to take note of that arrow again. It should be pointing toward the slot just like on the front piece.
Before cranking everything firmly into place, take a moment to make sure that the front and back bases are adjacent to each other. This will help ensure the best possible cooling. To check for this, hold the video card sideways and then compare the placement of the bases. When you're sure that everything is set up correctly, tighten the screws to make sure that everything is locked into place.
It is almost time to finish up with this thing, so lets take a minute and spread out some more TIM. I added it to both the front and back of the bases between the screws and also about halfway through the ridges where the heatpipe will be going through. It never hurts to have a nice interface to help dispel the unwanted heat.
After you get that finished, it will be time to install the heatpipe. It fits into the groove that goes along the front and back of the base assemblies. NOTE: The picture above was taken before adding the TIM. Make sure that you have some in place before going on.
Hang in there, we're almost finished!
To attach the heatsinks, you just need to place the sink onto the appropriate base and secure it with four screws. To make sure that it is installed correctly, just make sure that the name "ZALMAN" is toward the top of the card. Once you have the front plate installed, turn it over and finish up with the backside.
Just as with the front, the name "ZALMAN" should be at the top of the card. And just to ease your mind as you look at how BIG this thing is, here is a picture of a properly assembled unit on our test board:
Pretty good sized, isn't it? You'll end up losing a PCI slot with this rig, so let's hope that the cooling is good enough to make it worth it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Tesla's impressive new electric Semi Truck starts at $150K
- Battlegrounds surpasses 2.6 million concurrent gamers
- Battlegrounds has now sold over 22 million copies on the PC
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ