The Cooler - Continued
If you push the panel on the right side of the device, it opens up for you. Behind this front panel you will see the LED display and also a small switch. This switch will allow you to conveniently change your temperature readings from Celsius to Fahrenheit. I generally use the Celsius readings, but there are still a lot of folks who don't, so the ability to choose is a nice touch.
But there is something else hiding behind here as well...
This is a first for me. For those who have heard me rant before about fan filtration for ANY fan bringing in outside air, this will come as a very welcome sight. The fans used in this cooler are protected by a filter that completely covers both of the intake areas. So not only can we now get some much needed airflow moving onto the hard drive, we can also make sure that it is clean air. Here is a closer look at the filter.
It is constructed of a plastic frame that fits into a small groove in the front of the cooler. The two holes you see will fit into a pair of studs on the face of the unit to make sure that it is installed properly. The mesh material is the same variety that is used on the front intakes of their high-end enclosures, so just pull it out and blow it off every now and again to make sure that you get a constant supply of fresh, clean air. Very nice touch!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Antec HDCS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Antec HDCS - Page 2 [The Cooler]
- Antec HDCS - Page 3 [The Cooler Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie is satisfied with Destiny 2 even if Activision isn't
- Microsoft vows to fix Windows Store for better PC gaming
- GIVEAWAY: Two awesome Antec chassis prize packs up for grabs
- Everything you need for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Ronald McDonald 'will not' be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch