The Build and Finished Product
Adding a drive to the front does take from the looks we started with. Making sure not to break it up like I did in the last review, I was sure to add it to the top to try to make it look as good as possible.
On the inside there is plenty of room to get everything you need for a basic setup in here. While more hard drives could cause issues with the expansion cards, I found there is plenty of room to move things around a bit in the front to allow for most installations of even three to four hard drives and still leave room for longer cards.
In the back the I/O plate was a bit tough to install, but I managed to get it all the way in. I think the hole is a little shorter, top to bottom, than usual, but not a huge deal. The cards went in nicely, but I would have appreciated some larger screws for mounting. I have fat fingers and those tiny screws got dropped a few times before they went in.
Behind the motherboard tray they do say that there is only 20mm of clearance, but as you can see that is a tight measurement. I was able to run everything I wanted back here including the 24-pin cable. With the various tie points and large management holes, it was easy just to get this.
With shop closed up and ready for power and a bit of testing, I thought I should get another look before we light this candle!
With the Tempest 210 under full power, I was sort of surprised with the subdued and limited lighting. Even up close, the blue/white light coming from both the power LED and the occasional flash of the HDD activity light, as shipped that's all the light you see!
I always see complaints on forums that case lighting keeps a lot of users awake. Let me just say this then. For those who prefer a nice looking case with minimal lighting, the Tempest 210 ships as exactly that. With the ability to add your own fans all over the 210, you can make it as subdued or as boldly lit as you choose.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series