So let's readdress the earlier claims, shall we? - Is the 400R "everything you need, nothing you don't"? - In my mind I still think the 500R fits that bill a bit better than the 400R does, but on the flip side, it's less than $100 to get one to my door, where the 500R is going to cost more. To those with ideas of customizing in a solid chassis, with plenty of options and room to make the finished product look very appealing to anyone who happens to see it with the side off, this is a case to seriously consider. Even with the pretty serious hit my sample took, I can't really say it did anything bad to the case. The cards lined up fine and the door panels didn't give me any issues. As I see it really, there isn't anything I can really fault this case for.
Around the chassis there is room for up to ten fans cooling this chassis. The top of the 400R offers room for a dual radiator with 15mm spacing like the Hydro Series H100. I mean any way you look at it, you can have air either coming or going out of every panel in the 400R if you choose to. The pair of fans in the front of the case and the one installed in the back didn't offer the best results in case cooling, but do offer enough flow for me to say it was sufficient to keep my system within temperatures I was comfortable with. Wiring it all couldn't be simpler. All of the stock wiring to the case is black and something I like personally for a more professional looking end product. I had plenty of length to the wiring and I liked the bump out in the rear panel that allowed me to make a mess and still close with no effort. On top of that, I like that the panels open to the front like a car door, and the fact that I can't lose the thumbscrews is a great addition to any case.
So let's get down to it, should you buy this case? - I can see this being the choice for a lot of users, as it is darker on the exterior with the metallic grey coating and the interior being all black, it keeps things simple. My gut says that while there is a really good deal at Newegg.com for $99.99 shipped before the $10 MIR, I still feel like I would opt for the 500R for what she offers for the small amount of difference in pricing. With trends leaning toward white cases, modular internal components and a built in fan controller, I feel the 400R is more the appetizer to the entree that has yet to be served. I will give the 400R credit where it is due. It is widely available, affordable, has a good feature set for the price and looks good doing it. If you are the frugal ones who shop hard and get the MIR and the Carbide 400R for $89, by all means, do so! For me, I want to see the 500R!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon