On the testbed side of things we haven't got any surprises, so we'll get into the overclocking side of things which yielded some really strong results. The first thing we did was fire up AI Tuner to see what kind of an overclock we could achieve. The software has shown some awesome results when tested on the Z68 / P67 platform, but it gets so much more flexibility because of the ability to adjust the multiplier.
AI Tuner took us to a 109 BCLK which pushed our CPU from 2.9GHz to 3.16GHz. This isn't a huge overclock, but it's stronger than we saw our ASRock A75 mITX board go to. Considering that we got this bump, though, without the need to actually adjust anything in the BIOS, I was hopeful that when I ventured in to the BIOS that we would be able to boost our clock speeds by a good bit more.
With a bit of tweaking here and there, we managed to end up with a really good overclock that was 100% stable when up and running in Windows.
As you can see above, we ended up in Windows at 3625MHz which is a really nice overclock from the default 2.9GHz. CPU-Z continues to be a bit weird when it comes to the validation side of things, but the speed was achieved with a 125 BCLK and a 29x multiplier.
This isn't only a good overclock for the A75 platform, but considering it's done on the tiny mITX format is amazing. Let's see how performance goes when we get up and running.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, a Mierce comeback
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit