On the testbed side of things we haven't got any surprises, so we'll get into the overclocking side of things which yielded some really strong results. The first thing we did was fire up AI Tuner to see what kind of an overclock we could achieve. The software has shown some awesome results when tested on the Z68 / P67 platform, but it gets so much more flexibility because of the ability to adjust the multiplier.
AI Tuner took us to a 109 BCLK which pushed our CPU from 2.9GHz to 3.16GHz. This isn't a huge overclock, but it's stronger than we saw our ASRock A75 mITX board go to. Considering that we got this bump, though, without the need to actually adjust anything in the BIOS, I was hopeful that when I ventured in to the BIOS that we would be able to boost our clock speeds by a good bit more.
With a bit of tweaking here and there, we managed to end up with a really good overclock that was 100% stable when up and running in Windows.
As you can see above, we ended up in Windows at 3625MHz which is a really nice overclock from the default 2.9GHz. CPU-Z continues to be a bit weird when it comes to the validation side of things, but the speed was achieved with a 125 BCLK and a 29x multiplier.
This isn't only a good overclock for the A75 platform, but considering it's done on the tiny mITX format is amazing. Let's see how performance goes when we get up and running.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SCDKey celebrates Black Friday with cheap OS/game keys
- Playground Games discusses benefits of Microsoft ownership
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions