The Build and Finished Product Continued
Under that switch you could see a bit of something. That something is the removable dust filter in the front of the chassis. Mind you, it doesn't have to slide out to the right side; it has openings on both sides to gain access to this filter for easy cleaning.
With the PSU installed and in the fan up position, I was wondering how the mesh in the top would align once the top was back on the chassis. I am pleased with the amount of access the 140mm fan in my PSU has to gulp cool air from outside of the chassis rather than heated air off of the GPU. Again, this is why SilverStone supplied a dust filter to the top that magnetically adheres to the TJ08-E, for easy cleaning and keeping the insides clean as long as possible.
Now that the top of the chassis is back on, I thought I should have one last look to show off the capabilities of what this chassis can hold. I can easily see a Hydro Series cooler going in these as well instead of the rear 120mm fan. Without the drive assembly in the case, you can easily do a single 120mm or 140mm radiator custom water cooling kit too.
Behind the scenes there is plenty of room. The large hole at the top allows the wires to easily pass from the PSU to anywhere else in the chassis. The multitude of tie points left me wanting nothing more for management, what is offered is plenty for my needs. I would also like to point out that my entire back plate for my cooler is visible and accessible, something even the larger case manufacturers can't get right.
Closing up the doors and getting our last trip around the outside underway, I find the chassis easily keeps its simple, almost sophisticated clean looks even with my scratched up DVD drive in there.
In the back there is really nothing unusual to report. The rear I/O area is sized well and allows the plate to go in easily. Once the top is off, the PSU is a cinch to mount; even the expansion cards are pretty easy to take care of once this black cover here is removed. A nice touch to the chassis is the rubber washers on the thumbscrews. While it's been done before, it is usually overlooked as a mute point in sub-$10 cases.
Powered up, the only distraction you have it the solid blue LED you see now, and the occasional flicker of the HDD activity LED. While this image makes the LED appear bright, it is because I was at that perfect level to see it. If you are at any off angle the lights appear much dimmer, and shouldn't cause too much distraction in a living room or bedroom.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit