Looking at the card, the first thing that really stands out is the dual fan setup which is something we've seen on recent Sapphire cards. It's proven to do a good job of keeping the card cool while also being fairly quiet. You can also see just behind the fans a look at the copper heat pipes which should hopefully serve us well.
The shroud design is really nice. While overall quite simple, it's quite aggressive when it comes to the lines. I would've loved to have seen Sapphire put some color on the cooler to make it really stand out.
Taking a quick spin around the card, you can see power comes in the form of two 6-Pin PCIe power connectors while closer to the front you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector giving us the ability to run two cards in CrossFire.
Checking out the I/O side of things, we've got the stronger options on offer. That means we've got a Dual-Link and Single-Link DVI connector along with a full size HDMI port and two Mini DisplayPort connectors.
As we mentioned in the introduction, the card we're looking at today does come with the "Overclocked" tag and below we can see the clock speeds the card comes in at. Looking at the core, we can see that comes in at 920MHz which is 20MHz up on the default 900MHz HD 6870 clock.
Unfortunately the 1GB of GDDR5 hasn't been changed and that remains at 1050MHz or 4200MHz QDR. It would've been nice to see Sapphire overclock the memory as it would help boost overall performance a little more, but we do always have the ability to do it ourselves.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series