Inside the Lian Li PC-Q25 Mini-Q SFF Chassis
With both panels off we can see inside of the Mini-Q. The first thing I noticed was it seems someone got a little overzealous with the hard drive rack, but nothing I can't bend back into shape. The hardware is in the white box strapped in here, while the fan and front panel wiring are free to move around with the absorbent paper.
The slightly bent drive system holds up to five 3.5" drives and has a hot swap panel installed in the back of the cage to make life a little easier as you want to add more storage into this little aluminum box.
The motherboard tray has little to offer outside of the four pre-installed risers. The 120mm fan above is set about ¾" above the top of the motherboard, so keep this in mind if you plan to use an aftermarket cooler.
I removed the fan just to show you how easy it is to remove and replace for cleaning later on. It uses rubber grommets and screws much like we are used to with the hard drive systems in a Lian Li case. You simply slide them out, and to reinstall them, you get the rubber in the holes and slide it forward.
Inside the rear of the Pc-Q25, there isn't a whole lot going on since most of this will be taken up with the rear I/O, PSU, and expansion cards. You will notice the cards don't screw in on the inside, look back to the image of the rear of the case, it's all externally mounted.
Spinning the case around you can see the five hot swap drives are controlled with two panels. The top one has two Molex connections for powering the three drives and of course corresponding SATA connections. The bottom panel is laid out the same but uses only one Molex connection and offers two SATA ports.
Wiring is kept simple inside the Mini-Q! All there is to connect to the motherboard are these two headers for the power switch and power LED.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit