The Cooler Master NotePal U Stand
Out of the box we get our fist look at the thick aluminum top with the round perforations to allow for airflow. Across the top is a rubber strip to keep the laptop in places, and on the front on both sides of the Cooler Master name, is swing up supports for when the stand is used in the upright position.
Under the U Stand is the frame that sits on the table with its four large rubber feet. You can see the bar at the bottom that works as the hinge to allow the unit to be able to open upwards. Both sides have the same plastic bump out, but only one has anything built into it.
Under the unit, since the fans aren't installed on the U Stand, there is an outline that you will want to stay inside of so you can also use the cooler in its fully opened or fully closed state.
The right side of the U Stand offers additional connectivity, and all of the functionality to be found electrically in the U Stand. The other side is just plain, but uses the same shape to keep things symmetric looking.
Looking at things a little closer this time you can now see what is going on here. There is a blue LED to denote that the pass through cable is connected for power, the fan power button, a DC adapter port 9plug not included), the mini-USB for power (included), and three USB 2.0 ports.
Back to the front, I raised the tabs that will support and hold your laptop when the U Stand gets opened up. The inside of these large tabs are padded with grey rubber to protect the laptop form damage and keep it from moving around.
On both sides of the plastic frame the U Stand offers four additional positions or angles at which the Aluminum can be used. The thick metal bar is very solid and securely holds the U Stand in any of these four positions and tucks away to lie flat on the rear support of the plastic frame for the fifth position.
When the U Stand is in the most upright position it may make typing a bit odd, but you can see it really raises the level of the screen in this position. Depending on where you may want to use this, it is nice that it offers many angles in between to adjust for everyone's needs and comfort levels.
One last thing to highlight is the fan connection hole. This is found on the back of the USB ports and has two pins inside that work with a connection on the fans in the hardware box.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master NotePal U Stand]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The Final Look & Testing Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MyDigtialSSD ships BPX Pro and lowers prices
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- 124 Switch games require paid subscription to play online
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Laptop won't turn on after battery died
- For Sale [5Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $3,995CAD
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games