Specifications, Availability and Pricing
I figure I should cover why the U Stand is called what it is first, then we can get down to what makes it tick. This cooler is made with an adjustable frame on it. This allows the entire top aluminum component to raise it, and with the use of a thick metal support, allows the unit to have a total of five positions of use. Why is this important? Well, for those who like to use an additional keyboard and mouse to go along with the laptop, they now have positional height adjustment to raise the level of the monitor. For someone like me who uses a laptop right along side of my desktop PC, I can save room and raise the level of the monitor to a more appropriate level next to my 40" Samsung I use.
Now I think we can address the specs since I got all of that out of the way. The U Stand is made from plastic for the base and supports that hold the aluminum top in place. There are a pair of "holders" on the front of the unit which have rubber pads as well as a long rubber strip on the top that will secure the laptop from vibrating its way off the Stand. The all black unit weighs in at three pounds and is quite large to accept up to a 17" laptop on it. Cooling the U Stand is a pair of 100mm fans that are in frames that can be mounted almost anywhere under the coolers top. They can deliver 70 CFM of airflow with only the use of the 5V USB connection that powers the U Stand. On the side of the unit you will find a power on/off switch for the fans, three SATA ports and a blue LED to denote connectivity.
If the idea behind this notebook cooling solution has intrigued you thus far, you may have to wait for your own. As I write this I know that Cooler Master had the embargo set to the last week of August and it takes a bit of time to stock shelves. This in mind, I have to give them leeway on the availability, but what about the pricing you may ask? I didn't get an MSRP sent with my information packet, but I was actually able to locate one e-tailer that is showing stock of the U Stand. I know the shop is pretty random, but TheNerds.net are asking $36.99 to give you some idea of the price point it will come in at. From what I have seen so far in the $40 range of coolers, they typically don't offer much, so let's see if Cooler Master can raise my expectations a bit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Cooler Master NotePal U Stand]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The Final Look & Testing Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit