We won't cover the testbed because the information can be seen above, and as for the boards we'll have in our graphs today, you'll be able to see them in the graphs themselves. Instead we'll just get into the overclocking side of things before we get into the performance of the board.
Initially I found myself running into a bit of a problem when it came to overclocking. The way you have to overclock on the board is by enabling turbo and then manually setting the multiplier for each core. The problem I had was when I enabled turbo I kept getting an error. Pressing Enter a bunch of times and some patience got it done and talking to Sapphire, they couldn't replicate the issue.
Eventually I got everything up and running, though, and we ended up in Windows at 4.8GHz as you can see below in the screenshot.
As an overclock from the stock 3.4GHz, this isn't bad, but on a whole when it comes to overclocking on a Z68 board, it's actually the worst we've had to date. We know there's another 600MHz in the CPU with 5.1GHz being that common area for most boards, but you can see we do really fall a good chunk away from that.
Anyway, it is what it is and we'll just get into the benchmarking side of things to see what's going on.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit