Test System & Test Results
Testing was done in a spare computer I have in the room. Things were housed in a Corsair 600T SE and the door was on during any testing and reading of the temperatures. The room itself was kept at 25°C for the duration. To test the cards I used EVGA OC tool with a Furmark-like OpenGL 4.0 program. The card is controlled with MSI Afterburner for the overclocking and overvolting parts of the testing.
The testing is run for thirty minutes and temperature information is gathered from Afterburner for all the test results. In order to attain the idle temperatures, things were allowed to cool down and a reset was done and an additional ten minutes was waited to allow for the best possible results.
This is some terminology that will help with the reading of these charts.
Stock: GTX 470 with 608/837/1215 clocks and voltage of 1.00V
Overclocked: GTX 470 with clocks raised to 775/950/1550 and voltage raised to 1.050V for stability.
For the testing I did with the Shaman, I adapted the fan to use 12V of power supplied to it at all times. While the fan is in fact capable of PWM functionality, my P55 motherboard doesn't offer that type of fan control on the extra fan headers, only the CPU fan header. Since it was either one or the other, I opted to use more so we can see the full potential of the Shaman.
As you can see with both stock and overclocked profiles, the Shaman was ready to take on whatever I could dish to it. Even with the voltage increase with the overclocked profile enabled, the temperatures didn't budge from that thirty-six degree mark. Not only that, it ties for first place in air cooling solutions at this stage of the game.
At loaded conditions, the Shaman does slightly fall down in the listings. With the stock clocks enabled, the Shaman allowed sixty-one degrees; that's twelve degrees out of first, but still more than thirty degrees cooler than the stock solution. With the overclocked profile on, the temperatures rose another seven degrees. While it isn't the worst performer on the list, I have seen some better results at this price range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series