Test System & Test Results
Testing was done in a spare computer I have in the room. Things were housed in a Corsair 600T SE and the door was on during any testing and reading of the temperatures. The room itself was kept at 25°C for the duration. To test the cards I used EVGA OC tool with a Furmark-like OpenGL 4.0 program. The card is controlled with MSI Afterburner for the overclocking and overvolting parts of the testing.
The testing is run for thirty minutes and temperature information is gathered from Afterburner for all the test results. In order to attain the idle temperatures, things were allowed to cool down and a reset was done and an additional ten minutes was waited to allow for the best possible results.
This is some terminology that will help with the reading of these charts.
Stock: GTX 470 with 608/837/1215 clocks and voltage of 1.00V
Overclocked: GTX 470 with clocks raised to 775/950/1550 and voltage raised to 1.050V for stability.
For the testing I did with the Shaman, I adapted the fan to use 12V of power supplied to it at all times. While the fan is in fact capable of PWM functionality, my P55 motherboard doesn't offer that type of fan control on the extra fan headers, only the CPU fan header. Since it was either one or the other, I opted to use more so we can see the full potential of the Shaman.
As you can see with both stock and overclocked profiles, the Shaman was ready to take on whatever I could dish to it. Even with the voltage increase with the overclocked profile enabled, the temperatures didn't budge from that thirty-six degree mark. Not only that, it ties for first place in air cooling solutions at this stage of the game.
At loaded conditions, the Shaman does slightly fall down in the listings. With the stock clocks enabled, the Shaman allowed sixty-one degrees; that's twelve degrees out of first, but still more than thirty degrees cooler than the stock solution. With the overclocked profile on, the temperatures rose another seven degrees. While it isn't the worst performer on the list, I have seen some better results at this price range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD EPYC Rome: 64C/128T processor teased at 2.35GHz
- Samsung Galaxy F rumors: March 2019, costs up to $1770
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- Fire Emblem Heroes makes 72% of Nintendo's mobile revenue
- Obsidian excited about Game Pass, wants to redefine RPGs
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms