Accessories and Documentation
Part of the hardware kit is comprised of the wire fan clips and the four strips of isolation material to place on the top of the fins before you install the fan. You also get a small tube of Thermalright CFIII thermal paste to use with the Shaman.
The mounting hardware for the cooler is what we see here. On the left is a mix of four black rubber spacers and a set of four clear plastic washers to use with the studs on the right. These studs use the short threaded end to screw directly into the coolers base mounting plate. You then add the rubber spacers, set the card on it, add the clear washers and then the back plate. Once all that is in place, you then use the four nuts that have ridges for easy finger tightening to secure to cooler to the card.
There is also the heatsinks for the cooler included in a sealed bag. What you find inside are nine memory IC heatsinks and an additional six flat memory sinks. In the middle are six longer heatsinks to use on the phase chips or any power delivery chips that may need additional cooling. All of these sinks are backed with double sided tape and after proper cleaning of the ICs and phase chips, you can peel the backing and install these onto your card.
I figured this as a good a time as any to show off the dark beige and blue fan that comes with the Shaman. The TR-TY140 fan has seven blue blades in a round frame that offers 120mm fan spacing. The fan is a PWM fan and offers that control if the motherboard allows for it with the 4-pin connection supplied with the fan.
The paper work we found as we opened the box consists of the instructions sheet, with an exploded view of the installation, a parts list and full step by step instructions. There is a second card that shows all of the goodies that come packed in the sealed hardware bag and Thermalright includes a large sticker so you may proudly show off what cooler is taming your GPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series