With the package out of the way, it's time to move onto the board itself and as you could see from the package and most likely expected, the Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 comes in that Red / Black theme that we've been seeing them use on all Fatal1ty boards. You can see some form of Fatal1ty is sprinkled on the heatsinks.
Diving in closer to the board, we can see the expansion slot setup we've got which consists of two Legacy PCI slots, two PCIe x1 slots and three PCIe x16 slots. In SLI or CrossFire Slot 1 and 2 will run at x8 each while the third slot is wired up to run only at x4.
Moving across to the bottom of the board, we've got our HD Audio header, Floppy connector, COM port, two USB 2.0 headers, 1394 Firewire header and our front panel header. Just above this to the right, you can see we've got both a power and reset button and above that is our LED Debug reader.
Turning the corner, we've got a total of ten SATA ports with the four black ones being SATA II and run off the Intel Z68 controller. The two red ports closest to the black ones also run off the Z68 chipset, but these are SATA III. The other four red ports are SATA III, but these run off the ASMedia ASM1061 controller. We can also see above another look at our power / reset button along with our LED Debug reader.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's G7 development halted, LG starting over from scratch
- Super Meat Boy is a success on Switch
- Final Fantasy XV on PC will support mods
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series