Using the power of the ATI Radeon core, and having almost identical features to the Pro version, the Radeon 9700 standard is the perfect choice for those who can't afford the Pro version which comes in at about $100 US more.
With a little time, and four $1 ramsinks stuck onto the back of the 9700, without any problems you can run the same core and ram speed of the 9700 Pro. Imagine that, paying for a 9700 standard and getting obtaining 9700 Pro speeds. Core wise, you can overclock it to the same as the Pro, around 375-380Mhz, since it's the same core, just bios clocked slower. As for the memory, well that is another story - Since it is a higher latency type of chip; you will not get the same speeds as 2.2ns RAM on the Pro using 2.8ns on the standard 9700, all the same we managed 610Mhz out of the memory without ramsinks.
In all, the bundle is well thought out, with just one thing wrong with the card itself - no ramsinks on the back of the card. The only other problem is the latest 3.0 Catalyst drivers from ATI causing havoc, which ATI users should avoid at all costs at this point. Of course, this is beyond Gigabyte's hands, but it is one that you will want to consider when buying your new video card.
Cheaper than Pro version
Can clock to same core and memory speeds as Pro
AGP 8x ready
Cheaper then Ti4600 cards
Needs extra power connector
No ramsinks on back memory modules reduces (out of the box) overclocking
Rating: 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 3 [Features]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Synthetics]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Maya II Radeon 9700 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit