ADATA SSDs are about maximizing two key areas, performance and value. ADATA owns their manufacturing facility; we visited it last year during Computex. This allows ADATA to compete on the price front with other manufacturers, but there were other issues in last year's products that we identified. The first was actually finding an ADATA S599 drive. The first few batches arrived on US shores and kept e-tailers stocked up, but later in the year the S599 became more difficult to purchase. We're seeing a lot of similarities with the S511. The S511 offers all the same performance as the Vertex 3 and at a lower price point. Hopefully ADATA is able to keep stock on e-tail shelves after the word gets out and the drive becomes popular.
Speaking of popularity, the ADATA S511 should be a big hit with mainstream users, enthusiasts and power users alike. The price is very good and ADATA will do everything they can to keep the cost at the low end of the SF-2281 market. At the same time, the performance is amazing for a product that costs as low as 199.99 for a 120GB drive.
When it comes to performance there is no trickery going on, no asynchronous flash to get you tripped up later when you actually start using your drive. So far we've seen several manufacturers release both async and synch drives, but it looks like ADATA is sticking with synchronous flash and not tarnishing their reputation with a drive that performs much slower than what you're lead to believe by a specification sheet. I respect that and feel others should as well when making their purchasing decision.
Today we looked at the performance of the 240GB drive, but plan on reviewing a 60GB and 120GB in the next month. If you're looking for a 240GB drive and asking the question on which drive to get while looking for the best value, this is quite possibly it. The 240GB S511 currently costs 454.99 at Newegg, the lowest priced 240GB SF-2281 / IMFT 25nm sync flash drive there. If you're in the market, don't wait, because they won't last long!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ADATA S511 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlanetSide Arena unveiled: 1000-player mode, battle royale
- Overwatch League expands to Atlanta and Dallas in 2019
- Metal Gear Solid has now been turned into a board game
- LG's new 17-inch laptop rocks 16:10 display, 20-hour battery
- Fortnite dev Epic Games paves way for cross-platform gaming
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender