On the performance side of things the Vapor-X OC version of the HD 6850 doesn't bring anything too new to the table that we haven't already seen before. That's not a bad thing, though, as the card here today continues to show us that the model is just a strong performing mid-range card.
The cooler on the card is of course the highlight due to the fact it's of course part of the Vapor-X series. It's a good cooler that performs well, it's not too loud and keeps our core at a good temperature.
For someone interested in a card that is going to play modern games at 1680 x 1050 with medium to high in game detail, this is a really nice option. You can see in some of our even more intensive games with in game settings maxed we still manage to get averages that sit around the mid 50 FPS point.
Of course, we're going to want just a little bit more to make sure everything is silky smooth, but just a small detail drop in some areas will bring up those numbers which is exactly what we like to see.
While we haven't seen the card up on NewEgg yet, no doubt it won't be far away and going off the track record of Sapphire, the price should come in at a good level. With some good mid-range performance, a cooler that does an excellent job of running quiet, while at the same time keeping our GPU cool, the Sapphire HD 6850 Vapor-X OC 1GB is going to be a good buy.
Throw in the fact that Sapphire have put together a really nice bundle, though, that includes some notable extras like Dirt 3 coupon, HDMI cable and mini DP to DP connector and you've just got a stand out offering that's no doubt going to get the attention of people.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ