On the performance side of things the Vapor-X OC version of the HD 6850 doesn't bring anything too new to the table that we haven't already seen before. That's not a bad thing, though, as the card here today continues to show us that the model is just a strong performing mid-range card.
The cooler on the card is of course the highlight due to the fact it's of course part of the Vapor-X series. It's a good cooler that performs well, it's not too loud and keeps our core at a good temperature.
For someone interested in a card that is going to play modern games at 1680 x 1050 with medium to high in game detail, this is a really nice option. You can see in some of our even more intensive games with in game settings maxed we still manage to get averages that sit around the mid 50 FPS point.
Of course, we're going to want just a little bit more to make sure everything is silky smooth, but just a small detail drop in some areas will bring up those numbers which is exactly what we like to see.
While we haven't seen the card up on NewEgg yet, no doubt it won't be far away and going off the track record of Sapphire, the price should come in at a good level. With some good mid-range performance, a cooler that does an excellent job of running quiet, while at the same time keeping our GPU cool, the Sapphire HD 6850 Vapor-X OC 1GB is going to be a good buy.
Throw in the fact that Sapphire have put together a really nice bundle, though, that includes some notable extras like Dirt 3 coupon, HDMI cable and mini DP to DP connector and you've just got a stand out offering that's no doubt going to get the attention of people.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower