On the performance side of things the Vapor-X OC version of the HD 6850 doesn't bring anything too new to the table that we haven't already seen before. That's not a bad thing, though, as the card here today continues to show us that the model is just a strong performing mid-range card.
The cooler on the card is of course the highlight due to the fact it's of course part of the Vapor-X series. It's a good cooler that performs well, it's not too loud and keeps our core at a good temperature.
For someone interested in a card that is going to play modern games at 1680 x 1050 with medium to high in game detail, this is a really nice option. You can see in some of our even more intensive games with in game settings maxed we still manage to get averages that sit around the mid 50 FPS point.
Of course, we're going to want just a little bit more to make sure everything is silky smooth, but just a small detail drop in some areas will bring up those numbers which is exactly what we like to see.
While we haven't seen the card up on NewEgg yet, no doubt it won't be far away and going off the track record of Sapphire, the price should come in at a good level. With some good mid-range performance, a cooler that does an excellent job of running quiet, while at the same time keeping our GPU cool, the Sapphire HD 6850 Vapor-X OC 1GB is going to be a good buy.
Throw in the fact that Sapphire have put together a really nice bundle, though, that includes some notable extras like Dirt 3 coupon, HDMI cable and mini DP to DP connector and you've just got a stand out offering that's no doubt going to get the attention of people.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung foldable smartphone patents show interesting new designs
- Google DeepMind co-founder OUT over 'controversy' over his AI projects
- Valve teams with Perfect World for 'Steam China' for Chinese gamers
- AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su says CrossFire is 'not a significant focus'
- Yes, the V-shaped PlayStation 5 dev kit is real says game developer
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems