Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Now when I tested this cooler I had the fan set to low for the first run, and to be honest I ran the test 3 times with different mounts to be sure this wasn't a fluke. Even with the fans at their lowest setting the H100 takes 4th place in all the coolers I have tested for this idle chart. With the limited amount of heat to deal with at this level, the lack of gains as the fan speeds were increased isn't anything I didn't expect, but are still impressive none the less!
This is what it all comes down to, the load testing! As you can see, while the temperatures and heat levels rose, the H100 stood its ground and offers some serious performance for any all-in-one water cooling system. At low speed the H100 stays in the top ten, and with the fans turned up it gets much better. The bottom line here is that a $100 cooler just came within 1.1 degree of the best custom water loop temperatures that I was able to ascertain from the Swiftech H2O-320 kit!
The lowest fan setting is what I am using for the idle chart in this instance. The H100 at this level produces a very tolerable 40 dB of noise level while producing very good results.
To get the best performance out of this unit, I prefer the balanced mode, but even here the noise levels have increased to 59 dB. At this point a headset while gaming will likely drown out most of that noise. If in fact you choose to use the Extreme setting, be prepared, these fans delivered an astounding 77 dB of noise at this setting, and headphones just don't drown out that sort of noise!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series