Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Now when I tested this cooler I had the fan set to low for the first run, and to be honest I ran the test 3 times with different mounts to be sure this wasn't a fluke. Even with the fans at their lowest setting the H100 takes 4th place in all the coolers I have tested for this idle chart. With the limited amount of heat to deal with at this level, the lack of gains as the fan speeds were increased isn't anything I didn't expect, but are still impressive none the less!
This is what it all comes down to, the load testing! As you can see, while the temperatures and heat levels rose, the H100 stood its ground and offers some serious performance for any all-in-one water cooling system. At low speed the H100 stays in the top ten, and with the fans turned up it gets much better. The bottom line here is that a $100 cooler just came within 1.1 degree of the best custom water loop temperatures that I was able to ascertain from the Swiftech H2O-320 kit!
The lowest fan setting is what I am using for the idle chart in this instance. The H100 at this level produces a very tolerable 40 dB of noise level while producing very good results.
To get the best performance out of this unit, I prefer the balanced mode, but even here the noise levels have increased to 59 dB. At this point a headset while gaming will likely drown out most of that noise. If in fact you choose to use the Extreme setting, be prepared, these fans delivered an astounding 77 dB of noise at this setting, and headphones just don't drown out that sort of noise!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro under $12 USD & free shipping!
- AMD could secure up to 30% of the CPU market by Q4 2018
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner