Gigabyte has been in PC peripherals now since April 1986. Since that time, they have launched countless motherboards, server and workstation units, networking products and just recently, branched out into the 3D video card sector.
Gigabyte started its video cards in the early GeForce3 stages, designing their 3D cards around the original GeForce3 video card. Gigabyte soon withdrew from the 3D section until the release some time later of their Radeon 8000 and 8500 series cards. These cards took off with quite a bit of success in performance, overclocking and price. Being cheaper than nVidia based GeForce3 video cards and with performance equalling the Ti200 GF3, ATI and Gigabyte were in with a success.
Now that ATI has taken the lead away from nVidia in the 3D performance section with the new 9xxx series GPU and VPU's, Gigabyte has stuck to the ATI line. We recently took a close look at the 9700 Pro, Gigabyte's top dog in their 3D line-up, and the Radeon 9000 Pro, the ultimate in budget 3D. Today we are looking at the Middle of the 3D pack, the Radeon 9500 based Maya 2 card from Gigabyte.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Synthetics]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Gigabyte Maya2 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Overclockers UK unveils $43,000 gaming PC: 8Pack Orion X2
- NZXT releases Overwatch-themed H500 PC gaming chassis
- NVIDIA reportedly launching GeForce GTX 1650 next month
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission to Launch with HERO Edition
- Population Zero Receives a Big Update to Pave the Way for Alpha
- Rise of Industry Gets May 2nd Release Date!
- Pixel Noir will debut on Steam Early Access. SWDTech retro RPG will be released on the Steam system during the first week of April
- Pull Your Devil Trigger With Sinful New Devil May Cry 5 Range