Over the recent months I've expanded the categories I look after here at TweakTown, but nothing brings me nerd chills like a good graphics card. The problem? This isn't a good graphics card; it's not even a great one. It's simply put; the best graphics card on the market.
Look, it's going to cost an arm and a leg, and probably a little bit of your foot; but, it's the fastest single video card on the market, it's a limited edition model, and my god, it looks and feels unreal. To say this card is a beast just seems like an understatement.
It's what we had hoped the GTX 590 would be. It's what NVIDIA probably wanted the GTX 590 to be. It's just awesome. I really struggle to find words on just how good this card is and I think, again, it's due to the quality of the card. We've seen fast cards, but the quality behind the MARS II is just second to none and I wish and hope you have the chance to experience it. It doesn't matter if you're the biggest AMD fanboy in the world, you pick up the MARS II and it's just an engineering masterpiece.
The quality of the card is just the one thing that I can't get over. The cooler and build quality is just so far above every other card we've used. There's real weight to the card and real power behind it. You then turn it on and start to play a game and find yourself wondering if the fans working because it's so quiet.
The Lightning cards from MSI are on another level to so many others. The same goes for the MATRIX from ASUS. The MARS II is just a level above them, though, and you can understand why there's going to be a large price tag associated with the card. For so many people it's going to be out of reach. For others, they will simply go down the path of buying two GTX 580s and running them in SLI. GTX 580 SLI while maybe offering similar performance, though, just has nothing on this card, because the MARS II creates a different atmosphere with in your case, with in our testbed, with in our office.
I feel like a 14 year old girl who's just touched Justin Biebers hand. This much power, at this ridiculously low noise level just makes you feel all giddy inside. The MARS II just makes such a big statement to other companies and for the most part it says "Oh, you can put a fancy cooler on a reference card? That's nice .I'm sure your grandmother would like that card".
The MARS II is just a work of art. It's the nerdy version of the Mona Lisa; and we love it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [The Card & Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Total War: Shogun 2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo adds 3 new NES Games to Switch Online service
- Super Smash Bros. UItimate patch 'next week', kills replays
- Noise complaint results in cops battling in Smash Ultimate
- The Game Awards 2018 viewership doubled over last year
- Smash Bros. Ultimate sales reach 1.3 million units in Japan
- Next Skin Serum Reviews: Price, Shark Tank and Where to Buy
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender