Installation was simple on both nVidia and ATI platforms. The cooler is shipped with Radeon mounting equipment already attached. If you have a Readon 9500 or above its just a simple matter of removing the existing heatsink, applying a very large amount of the goop to the GPU. You then place the cooler onto the Radeon and use the supplied springs, plastic spacers and bolts to fasten the cooler to the card.
For nVidia, it is a matter of removing the screws that the unit comes equipped with. After removing the heatsink from the nVidia card, you then apply goop to the GPU and then attach the cooler onto the goop paste. Turn the card over, and you will see four holes next to the GPU (on all four corners). This is where you place the screws into to secure the cooler to the GPU, not the best method but it does work.
In all it took me 5 minutes on each card to get the cooler up and running. Once this is complete, you then have to hook up the water. This is very simple. You take the supplied barbs, hook your pipes up to each barb and insert them into the two large holes on the cooler. Once you have done this there is one last step - Insulation.
The unit itself is insulated around the GPU so there is no need to worry about that, it's the back that you need to worry about. Since the card will be experiencing lower than ambient temps on the card, condensation will build up. Swiftech supplied a foam pad with double sided tape. You place this over the back where the GPU is located. This prevents any air getting to the back of the GPU and thus prevents condensation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox CEO addresses current Borderlands 3 rights rumors
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, a Mierce comeback
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit