First off we take a look at the packaging. Swiftech have just slapped this cooler into an ordinary cardboard box with a sticker on the front. Being a cooler it doesn't need that fancy packaging that needs to catch the eye. When you open the box and unpack you see there is all you need for setting up and getting going.
Inside the box you get the cooler, installation instructions, hose barbs, Radeon mounting kit (for 9500 and 9700 using FC-BGA core, Nvidia / Kyro / Radeon 8xxx and 9000 mounting brackets as well as some heat transfer goop (designed for sub-zero temps) and a insulation matting.
The cooler itself is nothing out of the ordinary. A simple water cooling block sits atop the peltier element that is connected to a large cold block. This cold block then sits on your GPU and reduces core temps greatly. Water passes through the water block and keeps the peltier cool, thus removing heat without making your case as hot as hell.
The Cold Block
The cold block is a large copper block that connects to the cold side of the peltier element. When the element goes cold, the copper block absorbs the cold energy and transfers it across the block. This block is then seated onto the GPU of your video card. The block itself is mirror polished and totally smooth, no sanding required.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM