The Corsair Hydro Series H80 Continued
That's ok; I always remove the TIM for testing anyways. One reason is that now I can use the same TIM on all coolers, but it also gives me the opportunity to offer you a look at the finish of the base. For those wondering, yes, the base is very flat across the entire surface, one of the flatter ones I have seen yet!
Moving away from the head unit, we now get to look at the 38mm thick radiator. While the radiator is just larger that 120mm wide, you need to make sure you have the 152mm needed for the height of this radiator.
The tubing is also pressed over the aluminum fittings on this end. The plastic cover starts right at the end of the fitting and offers the most protection possible at this end.
Something I'm not used to seeing is that the sides are actually riveted to the radiator. It seems it might allow the fan mounting to have better spacing, but the paint used here is shiny, where the radiators are typically flatter in finish.
In case you wondered, there is a product sticker on the unit to verify you have the right cooler. Although with all the features I have covered already, it should be pretty obvious if this is the cooler you intended to buy just at a glance.
I guess some people must have said the tubing was too long! With this unit I get 9.5" between the radiator and the head unit to allow for installation. I know it isn't much, but I liked the longer tubes of earlier models as they offered options outside the realm of "normal", where this unit it gets slightly more limited.
Jumping ahead, I mounted the fans. I really don't like the short fan power leads. Of that 9.5" we had of room, it is now less once the fans are connected. In a normal installation this is fine, but it makes the wires exposed, where I know most of us would like to hide these.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit