The Corsair Hydro Series H80 Continued
That's ok; I always remove the TIM for testing anyways. One reason is that now I can use the same TIM on all coolers, but it also gives me the opportunity to offer you a look at the finish of the base. For those wondering, yes, the base is very flat across the entire surface, one of the flatter ones I have seen yet!
Moving away from the head unit, we now get to look at the 38mm thick radiator. While the radiator is just larger that 120mm wide, you need to make sure you have the 152mm needed for the height of this radiator.
The tubing is also pressed over the aluminum fittings on this end. The plastic cover starts right at the end of the fitting and offers the most protection possible at this end.
Something I'm not used to seeing is that the sides are actually riveted to the radiator. It seems it might allow the fan mounting to have better spacing, but the paint used here is shiny, where the radiators are typically flatter in finish.
In case you wondered, there is a product sticker on the unit to verify you have the right cooler. Although with all the features I have covered already, it should be pretty obvious if this is the cooler you intended to buy just at a glance.
I guess some people must have said the tubing was too long! With this unit I get 9.5" between the radiator and the head unit to allow for installation. I know it isn't much, but I liked the longer tubes of earlier models as they offered options outside the realm of "normal", where this unit it gets slightly more limited.
Jumping ahead, I mounted the fans. I really don't like the short fan power leads. Of that 9.5" we had of room, it is now less once the fans are connected. In a normal installation this is fine, but it makes the wires exposed, where I know most of us would like to hide these.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower