Accessories and Documentation
The hardware we saw earlier in the top of the box is all laid out in front of you. In the bag you get everything you need to install this onto a GTX 470 or GTX 465. There are screws with springs to mount the cooling plate, nuts and springs to mount the cooler, a set of risers and three types of washers. On the far left is the Fan Mate cable to connect to the Fan Mate 2 on the right and to the fan lead. On top of that, you also get a nice sized syringe of ZM-STG2 thermal grease.
As you can see, this cooling plate that covers the phase and memory chips is cut specifically for certain cards. There is an ample amount of fins to allow the fans airflow, once through the cooler a good chance at tunneling through these fins to cool the PCB components. Around the large center square, there are holes that pass through the cooling plate to allow the cooler to be mounted.
Even the side that is going to be making the contact is specialized. There are holes drilled to allow for specific capacitors, chokes and the power plugs. I don't have a true "straight edge" this large, so I opened my calipers and ran it against the edge of that straight edge. This plate is very flat for its length, I honestly expected it to be a bit cupped, but it really is flat.
The instruction guide is very thorough and highly detailed. You first get a full parts list to verify you have what you need before you start. Through the build guide, not only are there great illustrations, the parts are called out by name as to lessen any confusion as to which of the three washers go where, or where the rubber o-rings go. The instructions are written to work with the GTX 480 as well as the GTX 470 and GTX 465. Don't let that confuse you, there is a separate cooler for the 480 - this version will not fit it!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler]
- Page 5 [The Zalman VF3000F Dual Turbine VGA Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Test System &Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SOMA's 'easy' Safe Mode finally makes its way to PS4
- Mega Man Collection coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Moss is coming this February on PSVR, new trailer released
- Biomutant has had a new gameplay teaser trailer released
- Samsung's new patent teases FLYING SCREEN for hovering video
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit