You'll probably want to connect all of the cabling before you install the unit itself into your case. This will make things considerably easier since it is a short device to begin with. As we take a closer look at this unit, we can see that there are distinctly marked places for all the connections. This will make sure that everything works just as it should.
All connections are made by simply plugging in the proper wiring to the appropriate point on the back of the panel. Here is what we have to work with:
Since everything is properly marked, there should be no problems in getting it right the first time. Once you have the wiring installed to the back of the panel, simply feed it through the opening where the unit will be installed into the case and then secure it like you would a normal optical drive.
Vantec has kindly put in a total of four mounting holes on each side so there should be no problems with installing it into any case made. Even if you use a rail system for mounting optical drives, the panel will still work as it was designed to.
About the only complaint I have in the installation of this unit is the very short power lead that goes to the panel. While the idea of working off a standard 4-pin Molex connector is very workable, it can be tough to get large hands into the drive bay to get this connection made. All other connections for the unit have long tails that go to other places within the case, but the power is just a small pigtail type cable and can be tough to reach.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Nexus Panel - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Nexus Panel - Page 2 [Multi-function Panel?]
- Nexus Panel - Page 3 [Installation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr brings dragons back to Tamriel
- EA cancels new Star Wars game, disrupts release timeline
- New Evil Dead game still happening
- Digital-only Xbox One may have pre-loaded services, games
- Xbox Game Pass is wildly successful
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- Z390 Taichi Error Code 99 and A2
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio