You'll probably want to connect all of the cabling before you install the unit itself into your case. This will make things considerably easier since it is a short device to begin with. As we take a closer look at this unit, we can see that there are distinctly marked places for all the connections. This will make sure that everything works just as it should.
All connections are made by simply plugging in the proper wiring to the appropriate point on the back of the panel. Here is what we have to work with:
Since everything is properly marked, there should be no problems in getting it right the first time. Once you have the wiring installed to the back of the panel, simply feed it through the opening where the unit will be installed into the case and then secure it like you would a normal optical drive.
Vantec has kindly put in a total of four mounting holes on each side so there should be no problems with installing it into any case made. Even if you use a rail system for mounting optical drives, the panel will still work as it was designed to.
About the only complaint I have in the installation of this unit is the very short power lead that goes to the panel. While the idea of working off a standard 4-pin Molex connector is very workable, it can be tough to get large hands into the drive bay to get this connection made. All other connections for the unit have long tails that go to other places within the case, but the power is just a small pigtail type cable and can be tough to reach.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Nexus Panel - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Nexus Panel - Page 2 [Multi-function Panel?]
- Nexus Panel - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 could rock huge 6.66-inch display
- Cyberpunk 2077 team won't 'artificially' extend playtime
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- COD: Black Ops 4 emotes let gamers peak around corners
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon