AIDA64 Random Access Time
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.60
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
AIDA64 offers several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron and Toshiba.
The access time is where things get a little interesting. Since most users don't transfer large, incompressible files often, they could really care less about spending more money on a drive that has features that are rarely used. Here we see that both the async and sync OWC drives give nearly the same read access times, the biggest performance increase over a traditional platter drive.
The write access time between these two drives is also nearly identical.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OWC Electra 240GB]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card